Application Process - Customer Service Consultant roles
Preparing your application for our Customer Service Consultant roles.
Applying for a new job can be daunting, so we've tried to make everything as simple and straightforward as possible for you. Remember, we're here to help you present yourself in the best possible light.
Our application process
Submit your CV and complete the statement question which forms part of your online application.
For the application questions - we'll be asking you about why you will be applying for the role and what relevant experience you can bring.
You'll be invited to complete a situation judgement assessment. During this assessment you'll be asked to provide a response in relation to several scenario based questions.
You'll have four days to complete these – (extensions can be requested by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you're shortlisted after the online test, we'll arrange a 30-minute telephone interview to get to know you a bit better. On the call we'll give you an introduction to Nationwide and discuss your motivations for applying for the role. It’s important to us that you understand our culture and values so look at our website. Don’t be afraid to ask us questions as we expect you to be inquisitive so please research our products and services as you may be asked questions.
Step 4 - The Final Stage!
You’ll be invited to a face to face assessment which will last for approximately two hours. This will give you a real opportunity to showcase the skills and talents you can bring to Nationwide. The assessment will involve a competency based interview and a ‘customer needs’ exercise.
What happens when I apply?
As soon as you apply, we’ll manage your expectations of the timelines for each stage you get through. We keep you updated throughout the recruitment process on what will happen next to your application.
- Read the job advert thoroughly! Make sure you fully understand the role and can relay your motivations for applying.
- Don’t wait until the close date to submit your application. If we receive a high volume of applications, we may have to close the advert earlier than expected. So, don’t hesitate; make sure to get your application in as soon as you can.
- Don’t rush your answers to our application questions. This is often the first part of your application and is an integral part of the process. So, you want to make sure you stand out – ensuring your answers are well-written and demonstrating that you’ve taken time to think about the question and your answer.
- Another pair of eyes – get a friend or family member to have a read through your application before you submit it. Simple spelling or grammatical mistakes can often be missed, so make sure to enlist the help of someone you trust to have a quick scan through.
- Be honest when you answer the online assessment test questions; we want to find out about the real you - not what you think is the answer we want to hear.
I’ve applied before. Can I re-apply?
Yes, as long as it was a minimum of 6 months ago.
I don’t have the right to work in the UK, can I still apply?
Employment at Nationwide is conditional upon you having the right to work lawfully in the UK in the role you are applying for.
For further information on work permits, take a look on the UK Home Office website.
What provisions do Nationwide make for candidates with a disability?
Nationwide are an equal opportunities employer, and we encourage candidates with disabilities to apply.
There is a section on all our application forms where we'll ask you to confirm if you have a disability which will then highlight this to us, however, if you require additional time for your online test due to a disability, please contact email@example.com
For our latest vacancies, please click here.