Security and Resilience
Keeping our Society safe
Security and Resilience
Why you should choose Nationwide
The Security & Resilience team plays a critical role in ensuring Nationwide remains safe for the future, and works to protect our information, systems, people and physical assets. We are responsible for looking after everything from the security of our internet banking and mobile banking apps, to the security of our physical assets like ATMs and branches.
We’re made up of a number of specialised teams, including Business Continuity, Cyber Security, Incident Management and Operational Resilience; each playing a critical role in maintaining our service availability and trusted reputation.
Grow, learn and develop
You’ll be joining the Incident Management & Communications Team who aim to protect our members' and colleagues' information, assets and data, from deliberate or accidental damage, disruption, loss or misuse. The team co-ordinate the Society-wide identification and preparedness for high impacting scenarios and support and provide direction to the Society during live incidents. For example, this year the Incident Management team have been pivotal in designing an implementing the Society’s response to COVID-19.
You’ll learn about how to anticipate, prepare and respond during an incident to reduce its impact. As a team we work in partnership with the wider Society to keep our services up and running. You can expect the role to be varied, challenging, energetic and rewarding, coupled with opportunities to work across the teams.
What you'll be doing
As a key member of the team you could be:
- Inputting to and supporting the planning and preparation for internal and external risk events. This includes the development of Playbooks eg Civil Unrest & Terrorist Incident.
- Supporting the Incident Management Team in response to incidents that may arise, including an on-call function to cover out of core hours incidents.
- Input and support on Post Incident Reviews, identifying areas for improvement and future exercises.
- Producing Business Impact Analyses, Business Continuity Plans and Critical Continuity Plans and ensuring they are fit for purpose.
- Using and applying the ‘Incident Management Cycle’ and learning how to use ‘Threat Dashboards’ to plan and prioritise tasks.
And there's more...
- Incident response and recovery from Cyber, physical Security and other security incidents.
- Supporting teams which work to prove to our regulators that we have robust and effective business continuity planning in place.
- Working in teams which help to identify any potential weakness of our network and support with the resolution.
This programme will help you develop essential skills in communication, teamwork and leadership in a high-tempo environment. You’ll develop your business and strategic awareness enabling you to build lasting and effective relationships with colleagues and senior stakeholders in the business.
Words and phrases that describe you
Creative problem-solver, attention to detail, decisive, proactive, team leader, inquisitive, resilient, digitally savvy, good communicator, well-organised, pragmatic, a dedication to making a difference