Where could it lead?
You could be promoted into a technical specialist role in an area such as Software Engineering, Security, Infrastructure or Online/Mobile Banking. Later you could move into a senior technical specialist role, or into management within the IT community.Read more
As well as a paid job from day one, and the nationally recognised Digital & Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship qualification, you are:
- Part of a network of people - other Apprentices, but also Graduates and Industrial Placement students.
- Encouraged to consult and collaborate with a wide variety of people giving you the perfect opportunity to build your knowledge.
- Trained in additional soft skills such as Influencing, Presentation Skills, Self-Awareness and Communication.
- Eligible for performance-based bonuses and employee benefits
- Supported by a Scheme Manager, buddies and mentors throughout the Apprenticeship
All the TDP schemes are designed to give:
- Involvement with real business projects that have stretching goals
- Exposure to senior business leaders through mentoring relationships
- Online technical training with access to over 6,000 courses on Pluralsight
- Depending on the area, work towards professional certification in areas such as CompTIA+, Network+, Security+ and more
- Leadership training courses
- An increase in commercial and strategic awareness through on-the-job learning
- The possibility of working towards a future position or promotion at Nationwide
- A Scheme Manager, buddies and mentors to support you throughout
Innovation is the only way to protect and serve the financial needs of our 15 million members. This is why we’re looking for technically minded talent to help us reshape technology in banking.
- Re-platforming our digital assets and making operating model changes, driven by Agile adoption, DevOps standards and Cloud exploitation
- Creating new jobs and opening a new UK technology hub
- Driving UK service leadership through digitisation and multi-channel technology integration
- Establishing a £50m FinTech venture fund and planning the launch of Open Banking aggregation services
And our Technology Development Programme is a crucial part of our transformation.
So yes, we’re growing fast, but we’re also holding firm to the values that make us different: commitment to our members, our people, and to building society. And we need people who can help us make a positive difference.Read less