- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £35,309 - £51,002
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 31/12/2099
- Ref R002500104
Business Intelligence Specialist based in our Head Office in Swindon.
Salary: £30,506 - £51,000 (dependent on skills and experience) on a permanent, 35 hours a week contract.
The Data & Analytics (D&A) community is responsible for ensuring that the Building Society’s strategic aims are met, where they rely on any aspect of data architecture, processing, availability, quality, solutions or discovery to transform how we server our member’s needs.
Within this single community are all the skillsets that a modern organisation requires to act strategically when it comes to data & analytics.
The BI Solutions team within D&A plays a key role when it comes to enabling colleagues access to information & data, be that through solutions developed using the latest versions of industry leading, BI and data visualisation tools or providing consultation, guidance or training of users to enable our self-service agenda.
Within the BI Solutions team we own the strategic use and define the standards of the BI tools such as Qlik Sense, ThoughtSpot and Business Objects for the whole of Nationwide and are the experts in these tools. We deliver solutions using various methods, with team members working one-to-one with business stakeholders, acting as part of scrum teams or key roles on large programmes.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum, you’ll have:
• Experience in developing solutions using Qlik Sense, QlikView or Business Objects
• Ability to read & write SQL
• Some experience in data modelling or database ETL processes using SQL Server, Teradata
• Project lifecycle experience, preferably Agile
• Experience of identifying the business need and delivering an appropriate BI solution, spotting opportunities to use your own ideas to deliver above expectations
Would be great if you also had:
• Experience of developing solutions that use Hadoop
• Agile delivery methods & tools
• Used process optimisation (e.g. LEAN) and continual improvement principles
What you'll be doing
You’ll be given the freedom to design, build & test solutions using industry recognised leading BI tools supported by best practices, with training to develop your technical and personal skills further, along with support and coaching from colleagues when needed. You can expect to have a variety of projects in different business areas, as we work across the breadth of Nationwide.
You’ll be focussed on solution design and delivery, ensuring our business stakeholders needs are met, but also challenging expectation of what’s possible with a modern BI solution. You’re not there to simply take orders, you’ll need to be creative and innovative, taking on the role of consultant, analyst, project manager, developer or tester at various points in a day! The scale of requirements will dictate if you’re working alone or as part of a team, but you’ll need to have strong communication skills to ensure stakeholders and colleagues are informed and that solutions are delivered on time.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme