Data Governance Consultant
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 03/05/2019
- Ref R002500103
We need: Data Management Consultant (supporting Data Loss Prevention activity), Data & Analytics Community
Location: Based in our Head Office in Swindon
Salary: £34,960 - £50,497 (dependent on experience) plus competitive benefits package on a permanent, 35 hours a week contract
Please send in your application by 3rd May 2019.
We’re moving forward into the next chapter of our Society’s history with a refreshed strategy that allows us to leverage the benefits of mutuality and adapt to the ever-changing needs of our members. Data is the enabler underpinning all our Cornerstones and is fundamental in helping us build society, nationwide. We’re transforming the way we collect, look after and use member and business data, and that is why we’re creating new roles as an important step in strengthening the data competence we need to realise the opportunity that data presents for our members and colleagues.
The Data & Analytics community is responsible for transforming our data and analytics capability to enable our colleagues to better serve our members’ needs. Within the community, the team is responsible for the design, engineering, test and deployment of our data platforms and solutions which are at the core of our strategic ambitions. We’re significantly expanding and strengthening our inhouse teams and working closely with key strategic partners to deliver our strategic ambitions.
You will play a key role in implementing the data management strategy for Data Marketplace and Governance. Specifically, you will be working with colleagues across all Communities to understand where and how data is used. You will facilitate the documentation of data rules and provide their ongoing monitoring and improvement to protect member outcomes and the reputation of Nationwide Building Society.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum, you’ll have:
• Communication and Influencing: Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence the adoption of data management standards, building trust in Society and for business users and members
• Drive for results: Experience of delivering initiatives alongside business users to enable us to protect business data, reduce risk and protect member outcomes
• Service Delivery: Experience of working within a Service Level Agreement environment to ensure outcomes are delivered within pre-determined timeframe
It would be nice if you had:
• Education: Relevant experience in data management and/or business engagement
• Experience: Previous experience in data governance, security or privacy policies
• Data Management: Good understanding of end to end data lifecycle management and associated capabilities
What you'll be doing
You will provide guidance, understanding and business consultancy to successfully deliver the Data Loss Prevention strategy. An important strategy in ensuring member and society-wide sensitive data is safeguarded.
Using your communication and influencing skills, you will support stakeholders to; understand their accountabilities, meet data related objectives and reduce the opportunities for data loss within the Society. This will include the identification of sensitive information across the business and deploying measures to monitor the usage of this information.
On a day to day basis, you could find yourself liaising with the Security Operations Centre, Group Security or a range of senior stakeholders from all around the business.
You will be responsible for ensuring business data standards are met; utilising strategic tools to identify issues, working closely with business areas to develop supporting processes and capabilities.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Business Partnership – To act as a liaison between the Security Operations Centre and the Business in the event a security alert needs investigation or development
• Change Management – Support the Data Governance Lead when changes are incepted which may impact existing rules/exceptions or business processes
• Data Governance Fora – Providing updates and facilitating decisions on the approval and application of Data Loss Prevention rules and exceptions in collaboration with the appropriate governance forums
• Policy and Controls – Uphold compliance to governance and risk policies and controls (supporting the wider team) and aid the business to comply with these policies
• Technical Awareness – Ensure that Data Loss Prevention rules are fully formed and tested, including thresholds, tuning parameters and associated risk/impact assessments
• Investigation – To support analysis on alert data to identify possible breaches, exceptions or rule tuning opportunities in collaboration with the business and the Security Operations Centre
The extras you'll get
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme