Data Governance Manager
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 05/05/2019
- Ref R002500142
We need: Data Governance Manager, Data Marketplace & Governance, Data & Analytics Community
Location: Based at our Head Office in Swindon
Salary: £50,840-£73,436 (dependent on experience) plus competitive benefits package on a permanent, 35 hours a week contract
Please send in your application by 5th May 2019.
We’re moving forward into the next chapter of our Society’s history with a refreshed strategy that allows us to leverage the benefits of mutuality and adapt to the ever-changing needs of our members. Data is the enabler underpinning all our Cornerstones and is fundamental in helping us build society, nationwide. We’re transforming the way we collect, look after and use member and business data, and that is why we’re creating new roles as an important step in strengthening the data competence we need to realise the opportunity that data presents for our members and colleagues.
With all the Society’s cornerstones enabled and underpinned by data, it is hugely important that we protect it and glean value from its use to drive better decisions for our members. Ultimately this will increase the trust our members have in us, thereby underpinning our future success.
Who we're looking for
As a Data Governance Manager, you will be responsible for setting and driving the strategic and operational data governance agenda, managing activities to identify areas that aren’t compliant with the Policy, and working with senior business leaders to establish corrective activity. Safeguarding our data ensures trust, transparency team in the DMG department, e.g. defining the data governance framework and helping to set the strategic direction for data governance at Nationwide.
You will have:
• Business Knowledge – Good knowledge of the financial services industry and familiarity with financial regulation
• Data Management – Experience of Data Governance and controls including the following, data quality, metadata, master data, and embedding data governance activities into BAU
• Stakeholder Management – excellent communication and influencing skills, with a proven ability to translate technical concepts into business context for senior business leaders.
• Data / information / records management Knowledge - Knowledge of full range of data disciplines; data management, storage and integration, reporting and analytics
• Technology - Experience of using or sound knowledge of data management technologies e.g. quality, lineage and metadata
• Effective leadership – Experience of leading small teams in both BAU and project mode, including the responsibility for career development and performance management
What you'll be doing
• Championing a Society-wide data culture to safeguard our data, driving more effective decision making, protecting member outcomes to ensure regulatory compliance
• Embedding and maintaining governance policies and standards, working with business leaders identifying areas of non-compliance, and driving activity to improve the Society’s overall data maturity position to maximise benefit for our members
• Defining intended policy outcomes, and providing expert counsel to stakeholders to ensure their understanding of expectations and their accountabilities with regards to adherence across change and BAU activities
• Working collaboratively across D&A teams, particularly with the Controls and Marketplace teams, monitoring adherence to the Policy and Standards and embedding best practice with key stakeholders
• Ownership and effective delivery of Governance fora, ensuring visibility of our data maturity position, level of data risk exposure, and progressing against data quality improvement plans
• Leading a team of data Governance experts, supporting their development and ensuring they deliver an effective service Society wide that drives business value
The extras you'll get
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme