- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 28/04/2019
- Ref R002800991
We need: IT Project Managers to work within our Data and Analytics Solutions – IT Portfolio Delivery Team
Location: Based in Swindon
Salary: £50,840 - £73,436 (depending on experience), plus competitive benefits package
Please send in your application by 28th April 2019
Our Data and Analytics technology change teams have the exciting challenge of delivering the IT solutions supporting Nationwide’s transformation agenda. Nationwide have around 120 projects and programmes in flight at any one-time including portfolios in the areas of Payments, Regulatory Reporting and Compliance, Technology Services, Telephony, Operational Process Improvement, Mortgages, Banking, Savings, and Digital Development, all supporting new products through delivery of new technologies as well as updating and exploiting our existing technology estate. Through an annual investment, we strive to ensure that the IT platforms continue to meet our business needs and customer demands in today’s 24x7 world. This is a fast paced, dynamic environment where delivering the IT change portfolio makes a real difference to the business and our customers.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for project managers with expertise in the delivery of enterprise application software change with a full understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle. D&A Solutions are looking for talent to help deliver change to the Data and Analytics Community Platforms, coordinating this for the D&A community. Experience in the Information Management or Data Warehouse change Projects / Programme area would be beneficial.
Our D&A Solutions Team combine the best of Nationwide and strategic partner capabilities to deliver change across our IM applications estate in support of the Society’s strategic initiatives.
What you'll be doing
Your project management experience will include the successful delivery of technical projects through the entire project lifecycle including using multi-disciplined teams and a range of delivery models including onshore and offshore and while it doesn’t have to come from an Information Management background that would help. Experience of change in SQL, Hadoop, Informatica and Teradata would also be an advantage, but not essential.
Excellent networking abilities and communication skills enable you to successfully manage a range of stakeholders especially the presentation of technical updates. You instinctively know how to get the most out of both your team and your suppliers and your understanding of project risk means that you successfully anticipate and mitigate potential problems.
• Software change experience including end-to-end management of the software delivery lifecycle, preferably in Agile or Waterfall methodology
• Stakeholder management to senior manager / executive level and with external and offshore delivery partners
• Project Management experience including end to end management of the project lifecycle (prefer PM qualification such as PRINCE2 Practitioner, Agile PM)
• Experience of people management ideally within a matrix environment
• Previous budget accountability experience you understand how to forecast and track project cost
• Your grasp of a variety of software development lifecycles and techniques will enable you to engage confidently with design, software development and test professionals to achieve excellent results from Nationwide’s strategic partner teams in the UK and India
• You’ll build, motivate and lead a project team to deliver £multi-million technology projects, adhering to the governance gateways in our project framework. Crucial to success will be the ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with multiple key stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle
• Working with internal and external parties you will successfully deliver enterprise system change having built a high performing team with the right blend of skills for the work
• You will become a trusted advisor to your Development Centre Manager and key stakeholders, communicating true status in an appropriate form, executing well thought out actions to address issues and risks, and balancing cost/risk of scope changes against benefit
• By leading the shaping of projects, contributing ideas and optimising scope you will achieve your delivery objectives in order to provide value to our members. You will challenge existing thinking through an ability to see the bigger picture and act positively to improve our ways of working
• You will enable informed decisions by providing visibility of project progress against budget and schedule, in a format suitable for sponsor and steering group audiences
• You are commercially astute, able to manage project budget and hold suppliers to account for value for money working in conjunction with Financial Management
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.