Lead SAS Administrator
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 29/04/2019
- Ref R002500118
• A Lead SAS Administrator based in our head offices in Swindon
• £42,000 - £61,000 a year (dependent on skills and experience) on a permanent, 35 hours a week contract
• Send in your application by 29th April 2019
Nationwide has recently embarked on an ambitious Data and Analytics strategy, transforming how we use data in the Society. An important part of this is the environment support for the technologies we will be using to achieve this, working as part of the Data Solutions team delivering key services to the Society around how our data and analytics capabilities are managed.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to take a lead role in the Business Intelligence Support team, providing environment support and enabling solutions across our SAS 9.4 / 9.2 Grid, SAS Viya, SAP Business Objects, and Qlik capabilities.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll have:
• Experience working as a senior member of an environment / platform support capability, particularly in a Unix or Linux context
• Experience in financial services or similar regulated industry (e.g. telco)
• Key skills in one of our Business Intelligence technologies, SAS 9, SAS Viya, SAP Business Objects, or QlikView / Qlik Sense
• Excellent communication skills, building trust across a wide userbase (1,000+ users), and building relationships and influence with Senior Managers, and external vendors
It would be nice if you also had:
• Administration experience in one or more of the platforms, SAS 9 Grid, SAS Viya, SAP Business Objects, QlikView / Qlik Sense
• SAS development experience, across SAS Base / Macro / SQL, and SAS Base / SAS Enterprise Guide / SAS DI Studio clients
• Windows / UNIX (Ksh / Bash) / Linux (Bash) Shell Scripting knowledge
What you'll be doing
You will join as a senior member of Business Intelligence Support, within the Data and Analytics Platform Management team. Reporting to the BI Platform Manager, you will be key in ensuring the team meets its accountabilities for the day-to-day operation, health and stability of the Society’s BI platforms. You will ensure service and proactive identify / resolve problem areas, working closely with other members of the team and third-party support partners. You will also lead delivery of larger pieces of work, leaning on your organisation and change management skills, in additional to your technical capabilities.
While you will specialise in one or more of the technologies, you will work across any of the technologies listed and will be comfortable maintaining a baseline level of knowledge across other capabilities. Finally, you will be able to work with a diverse range of stakeholders, building trust with users of the BI technologies, other support functions around the Society (e.g. Infrastructure or Desktop Support), and external vendor support capabilities.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
You’ll be joining the Data & Analytics community at an incredibly important time as we deliver our new strategy to transform our data capability across the Society – this is a crucial role for our future!