Collections & Recoveries Apprenticeship 2018
- Location Northampton Administration Centre, East Midlands
- Salary £15,925 - £15,925
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 25/06/2018
- Ref R00ET00148
• Location: Northampton Administration Centre
• Salary: £15,925 annually, to be reviewed 6-12 months in role based on performance
• Permanent, full time contract, working 35-hours per week
• Level 3 Apprenticeship over a period of 18 - 24 months
• Start date: 1st October 2018
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our team in Northampton and work towards a Level 3 Senior Financial Services Customer Adviser qualification. You’ll join our Collections & Recoveries team as an Apprentice and have the chance to move around the department to experience a wide variety of placements including working with our strategy teams, supporting our third party suppliers and helping customers (who we call our members) on the telephone. Throughout the programme you’ll be given loads of support.
For further information on this vacancy, please contact Sharlene.Fox@nationwide.co.uk
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement, you’ll:
• Have achieved a Grade ‘C’ in Mathematics and English Language GCSE (or equivalent)
• Want to have a career within Financial Services
• Pass our online assessments
• Need to be living in the UK
• Be enthusiastic and keen to continuously learn and improve
• Able to communicate confidently and clearly
• Likes to work as part of a team
• Has an understanding of Microsoft office and is able to use a PC proficiently
You need to have a keen desire to learn new information, processes and to improve yourself and your skills. You’ll also need good communication skills, both written and verbal.
It would be nice if you:
• Enjoy the challenge of problem solving
• Have good attention to detail
• Confident talking to people
• Have relevant A-Levels
What you'll be doing
Collections and Recoveries mainly focus on helping members who are in financial hardship (e.g. struggling to pay their mortgage or have too much debt). We have specialist teams of people who work with our members to support them through these difficult times. Alongside these teams we have people working out when and how we should contact members, looking at statistics and numbers to see how we are doing, making sure our systems are working as they should, trainers to help our people be their best and people who work with other organisations to help us deliver a great service to our members whilst ensuring we reduce financial losses to the society.
As part of your apprenticeship, you’ll spend your time in different teams to enable you to get a broad understanding of what we do, and why we do it before securing a permanent role in one of our member contact teams. There you’ll be speaking with our members who have, or are anticipating having difficulty to make their regular payment, to understand their financial circumstances and recommend appropriate options to make sure their finances stay on track. Unlike some places, we’re not driven by scripts or standard calls. You’ll take ownership and responsibility with each member to make decisions and respond to their queries whilst following regulations and always treating them fairly.
This is a new and exciting scheme offering you the chance to get an invaluable range of experience with us, to build on your skills and giving you real insight as to what we do and how we fit into the wider business. It’s really important that you work to a really high standard, try hard and be driven and self-motivated to learn as we’ll offer you fantastic training opportunities. You need to know your way around a PC as you'll need to move around our systems quickly and efficiently whilst speaking to our members. You will also be highly organised and most importantly you will have a strong focus on doing the right thing, not only for you and the people around you, but also for our members.
The extras you'll get
• A real job from day 1, with a monthly salary to go with it
• Exposure to lots of different people including our senior managers
• The chance to learn lots and increase your knowledge of Financial Services and Nationwide
• Further develop your core skills, such as communication, presentation and influencing and also learn new skills.
• The chance to put the theory into practice, applying everything you learn to real-world business issues
• The chance to gain the professional qualifications you need to succeed
• Loads of support along with a great network of buddies and mentors.
We'll offer you a first-hand view on how the parts of our business work together, providing great personal development as well as professional qualifications. Our aim is to give you exposure to a breadth of experience early in your career to help you reach your full potential and build your technical experience.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x notional your salary
• Accident cover worth 3x notional salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to ‘buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme