Data & Analytics Degree Apprenticeship 2018
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £15,925 - £15,925
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 23/07/2018
- Ref R00ET00146
• Location: Nationwide House, Swindon
• Salary: £15,925 annually, plus performance based bonus and employee benefits
• Permanent, full time contract, working 35-hours per week
• Degree Apprenticeship over a period of 4 and a half years
• Start date: 1st October 2018
As an apprentice within our Data & Analytics Community you’ll learn how we provide Reporting and Analytic solutions that enable Nationwide to deliver great customer outcomes for our members, all whilst studying towards a Degree Apprenticeship in Chartered Management.
This Apprenticeship can lead to further professional development, leadership and specialist roles as well as opening a career path with the world’s largest Building Society. We’re looking to discover talent for the future in this business area through this progressive role.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement, you’ll:
• Have obtained or be predicted to obtain 104+ UCAS points
• Have achieved a Grade ‘C’ in Mathematics and English Language GCSE (or equivalent)
• Pass the online assessments
• Need to be living in the UK
• Be enthusiastic and keen to continuously learn and improve
• Show excellent communication skills
• Be a good team player
It would be nice if you also had:
• Experience of a programming language such as Python
• Experience of using Word & Excel to macro level
• Achieved or expected to achieve an A-Level or BTEC in STEM related subject
What you'll be doing
You’ll be doing a real role within the society whilst studying towards a Degree Apprenticeship in Chartered Management.
Whilst on the apprenticeship you’ll have the opportunity to do all the tasks required as a team member, and have all the coaching and support that you need to ensure that you are continuously learning and improving in your new job. In addition to your new role, we will provide a full company induction, on the job training, development and support from Nationwide as well as your own Apprentice Training Provider Assessor.
What is Data & Analytics?
At Nationwide, we’re passionate about driving best value from our well managed and controlled data using Industry-leading Data Management and Exploitation Tools.
Our Data Solutions team builds databases that provide the information needed to develop our products and access channels (Branch, Internet, Mobile), and make sure we deliver accurate and timely information to our industry regulators. They use data from all across the Society and combine it together to create a place where our Reporting teams can go to produce their information.
Our Business Intelligence, Visualisation & Reporting team are there to provide colleagues around our Society with the Reports, Dashboards and Information that they need and our solutions are only as good as the data used; therefore, we must make sure that we’re providing good quality, well managed and controlled data, delivered in an exciting, easy to use way, that provides a solid foundation to make decisions and improvements.
Our Change team is a bit like air traffic control, responsible for co-ordinating our activities across Data and Analytics. They work with all the projects that are happening across the Society to understand and plan what our teams need to deliver so that we can do what the business needs us to do. They are the central co-ordination point that help Data and Analytics run smoothly.
What role will I have to play in Data & Analytics?
There are opportunities across all the teams mentioned, but as part of your role you’ll be involved in a variety of tasks; you’ll need a keen eye for detail so that you can analyse the quality and integrity of data and processes in our data systems, produce daily reports that help us run the business, and help us build new information systems. You’ll need to use your ability to work well within teams to help drive continual improvement of processes and help others to use our solutions in the best way possible.
A typical day in one of our teams might be producing some regular reports during the morning, and then in the afternoon looking at existing processes for ways to improve things, and writing some code that makes reports run more quickly in future. Whatever team you are in, you can be sure that your day will be full of interesting challenges and with plenty of opportunity to learn new skills.
As an excellent communicator, you’ll be required to work with people from across Nationwide to identify and understand their information requirements, resolve and monitor any technical issues they may face and work with them to provide fixes to make sure their information needs are met.
The extras you'll get
The extras you’ll get:
• Give you a real job from day 1
• Get you involved with real business projects with stretching goals
• Increase your business acumen, including commercial and strategic awareness
• Further develop your core skills, such as communication, presentation and influencing
• Allow you to put the theory into practice, applying everything you learn to real-world business issues
• Provide you with professional qualifications
• Support you with a great network of buddies and mentors.
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x notional your salary
• Accident cover worth 3x notional salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to ‘buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme