Audit Manager - IT Change
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £50,840 - £73,436
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 25/03/2019
- Ref R001400084
• Job title: Audit Manager
• Salary: £50,840 to £73,436 depending on experience plus lots of extra benefits
• Employment type: Permanent, 35 hours per week
• Location: Flexible (with regular travel to our head offices in Swindon)
• Closing Date: 25th of March
Our Internal Audit Community has about 85 employees from a broad range of backgrounds including treasury, finance, risk, IT, transformation and distribution. Our team works in a fast paced, member focused, agile audit environment and has an unmatched opportunity to interact with and add value to the largest building society in the world.
Nationwide is different. It’s not just that our mutual status means we are owned by our members but there is a clarity of purpose that is evident in every decision that we make. Our constant reference point is how our decisions will impact our members and that is as true of Internal Audit as of any other part of the Society.
The profile of the profession has changed dramatically, the impact and influence of Internal Audit is now an important sign of the strength of Nationwide’s governance.
We are leading the way by embedding agile techniques across our activities to improve the delivery, value and impact of our audit work, driving increased engagement with stakeholders and empowering our staff to perform at their best.
Check out the following stories to find out what its really like to work in our team; Daisy’s – Senior Auditor AKA figure skater, James’ – (Audit Manager) AKA bass guitarist and our article on how we used Lego to inspire ideas - Agile in Audit.
For Daisy's story type "Daisy" into the top right search box, "James" for James story and "Lego" for the article on how we used Lego to inspire ideas.
Who we're looking for
An experienced manager with knowledge of technology change programmes delivered using both traditional and agile project management techniques, ideally in a financial services environment.
You’ll need to:
• Have experience of auditing or managing risks, processes and controls associated with complex technology change programmes that are delivered using both traditional and agile project management techniques.
• Have exceptional organisational skills to deliver a suite of audits of varying complexity covering technology change activities, ensuring they’re high quality and in line with our audit methodology.
• Have experience of coaching colleagues to build their skills and confidence, providing feedback on their performance during an audit and helping them to be their best and deliver efficiently to the highest professional standards.
• Be able to confidently influence others and build professional business relationships during an audit, showing your proven negotiating skills.
• Be tenacious, positive and brave in your approach, overcoming any barriers that arise, with the confidence that you will be supported to be your most productive and best self.
• Be comfortable with change, helping us to identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives to deliver our strategy.
• Have, or be on your way to, completing a relevant professional qualification (for example, the Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors, Institute of Risk Management or Project Management qualifications).
Previous experience of audit or assurance activity would be an advantage, although full training on our audit approach, including the use of agile auditing techniques, will be provided.
What you'll be doing
• You’ll be a key member of our energetic and productive Change & Supply Chain Management audit team.
• Working collaboratively with colleagues to deliver high quality and impactful audits that assess governance, risk management and key controls that are relied on across the Society
• Using your ability to build trust and credibility with your stakeholders as well as asking the right questions to pin point the key issues at play.
• Supporting the delivery of the Society’s strategy.
The extras you'll get
For helping us do the right thing for our members, you’ll get:
• Car allowance worth £4,656
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays with the ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Flexible working - We believe in getting the job done in the way that works for both us and the business, which means you aren’t expected to be at a desk 9 – 5, Monday to Friday