Audit Senior - Finance Portfolio
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 24/04/2018
- Ref R001400051
• Audit Senior in our head offices in Swindon/ London or Northampton.
• £34,960 - £50,497 a year on a permanent contract.
• Send in your application by 24th of April 2018
Do you want to work in a high-profile environment that gives you the opportunity to influence at the highest level? Our team works in a fast paced, member focused, agile audit environment and has an unmatched opportunity to interact with and add value to the largest building society in the world.
If you have good analytical and problem solving skills and have the influencing skills to make improvements happen, why not come and join our Internal Audit (IA) team as an Audit Senior? We’re looking for people who can really make a difference as part of a highly professional and friendly team identifying and testing controls to mitigate key business risks and building strong business relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
These roles could be located in London, Northampton, Bournemouth or Swindon but require regular weekly travel to our Head Office in Swindon where most of our core functions are based.
We offer great locations and really flexible working hours to suit, covering term time, part time, job share or full time hours. We’d love to hear from you no matter what level of experience you have. You might be a recent graduate or an experienced Audit professional, either way, get in touch to see what we can offer. From Audit Associates to Senior Managers, chances are, we’ll have something to interest you!
Who we're looking for
As a minimum you’ll need to:
- have either an auditing finance background or you will have experience of working in a finance area
- Have, or be on your way to, completing an ACA, ACCA, IIA qualification.
- Work effectively with colleagues to deliver a variety of audits to a high quality, in accordance with agreed scope and in line with IA methodology. We are looking for those who have experience of producing clear, comprehensive and concise documentation which will support your audit work.
- Have an analytical mind that will enable you to understand information on our business.
- Be confident in influencing others, at various levels and in different areas of our business.
- Have experience developing and maintaining professional business relationships with key stakeholders in defined areas of the business.
- Have experience of coaching and developing other as you will be doing this with audit associates to improve overall team performance.
It would be nice if you had
- Worked in an internal or external audit capacity previously.
What you'll be doing
You’ll be comfortable working as part of a team to deliver audits to a high standard, whilst coaching more junior colleagues through these processes. You will use your communication and influencing skills to present your findings to senior management and agree on the actions that should be taken.
Your analytical skills will also be used in spotting areas for improvement in the focus and/or efficiency of the team’s work, whilst your influencing skills will be called into action in presenting these potential improvements to senior management.
This is an exciting time to join IA. We are a relatively small division, of about 80 staff, but we are growing. We come from a broad range of backgrounds, including finance, compliance, risk, IT, financial crime and transformation. We believe in supporting and developing our people and, in addition to your development manager, you will have a senior management team mentor with whom you can explore longer term development goals and career plans. Whilst this role can be based in Northampton or Swindon, you will need to travel regularly to our Head Office in Swindon as this is where the majority of the audit team and business functions are located.
We embrace flexible working, so if you want to work from home sometimes, that’s fine. We believe in getting the job done in the way that works for both us and the business, which means you aren’t expected to be at a desk 9 – 5, Monday to Friday. We pride ourselves in our ‘one team’ approach and our drive for continuous improvement, both of which support our vision of protecting members’ interests and influencing business success.
We are leading the way by embedding agile techniques across our activities to improve the delivery, value and impact of our audit work, driving increased engagement with stakeholders and empowering our staff to perform at their best.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to a Healthcare scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme