Audit Senior - IT
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £35,309 - £51,002
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 25/11/2018
- Ref R001400067
- Audit Senior – IT in our Swindon Head office
- Salary from £35,309 to £51,002 (salary dependent on skills and experience)
- Closing date 25th of November
This role is perfect for those from looking to make the transition from a either; the 1st/2nd line, a practice background or alternatively if you are in another internal audit function looking for a role that offers the progression that comes with having one of the largest Internal Audit functions in the south west.
Internal Audit (IA) works in a fast paced, member focused, agile audit environment and has an unmatched opportunity to interact with and add value to the largest building society in the world.
We’re looking for those who have good analytical and problem solving skills and are able to influence to make improvements happen. You’ll want to really make a difference as part of a highly professional and friendly team identifying and testing controls to mitigate key business risks and building strong business relationships with stakeholders at all levels. In return for your hard work, our Audit department is great at investing and developing our Audit Seniors careers either internally within Audit or as a vital stepping stone to work within the business.
This role could be located in Swindon, Northampton, London, or Bournemouth but require regular weekly travel (at least three days a week) to our Head Office in Swindon where most of our core functions are based.
If you’d like to read more about what it’s like to work in our audit function, check out our recent Agile in Audit and A day in life articles on our website.
Who we're looking for
We’re looking for individuals with a comprehensive understanding of IT and the ability to assess and influence the IT control environment which underpins business-critical processes.
As a minimum you’ll need to:
- Have experience in either working in, assessing or auditing IT across various technology domains.
- Have team working experience/ collaboration skills to work effectively with colleagues to deliver a variety of audits to a high quality, in accordance with agreed scope and in line with IA methodology.
- Have experience of producing clear, comprehensive and concise documentation which will support your audit work.
- Have analytical, problem solving, organisational, lateral thinking and interpersonal skills.
- Have experience establishing and maintaining professional business relationships with key stakeholders in defined areas of the business.
It would be nice if you had
- Worked in an internal or external audit capacity previously
- Deeper specialisms in IT, cyber and / or resilience domains
- IIA, CISA or CISSP qualifications
What you'll be doing
As an Audit Senior, you will:
- Deliver various IT audits across different technology domains.
- Apply your technical IT knowledge and audit skills and work effectively with colleagues to deliver high quality, impactful audits.
- Analyse the design and effectiveness of information technology controls.
- Use analytical skills in spotting areas for improvement in the focus and/or efficiency of the team’s work, whilst your influencing skills will be called into action in presenting these potential improvements to senior management.
- Evaluate the adequacy and timeliness of management’s response and the corrective action taken.
We are a relatively small division, of about 80 staff, but we are growing. We come from a broad range of backgrounds, including finance, compliance, risk, IT, financial crime and transformation. We believe in supporting and developing our people and, in addition to your development manager, you will have a senior management team mentor with whom you can explore longer term development goals and career plans.
We embrace flexible working, so if you want to work from home sometimes, that’s fine. We believe in getting the job done in the way that works for both us and the business, which means you aren’t expected to be at a desk 9 – 5, Monday to Friday. We pride ourselves in our ‘one team’ approach and our drive for continuous improvement, both of which support our vision of protecting members’ interests and influencing business success.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme