Audit Senior Manager - Credit Risk
- Location Swindon, Northampton, Bournemouth, London, UK Wide
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 28/04/2019
- Ref R001400090
- An Audit Senior Manager – Credit Risk, located in our offices in Swindon, London, Northampton or Bournemouth, although regular weekly travel to Swindon will be required as this is where most of the audit team and our core operations are based.
- Salary: Negotiable (dependent on skills and experience), based on a permanent, 35 hour per week, contract.
- Send in your application by 28th April 2019
Do you want to work in a high-profile environment that gives you the opportunity to influence at the highest level? Our team works in a fast paced, member focused, agile audit environment and has an unmatched opportunity to interact with, and add value, to the largest building society in the world.
We’re looking for someone who is up for a challenge; tenacious and positive in your approach, energetic and willing to try new approaches with a learning mindset. Proven experience in auditing credit risk management is important, and you’ll also be someone who displays the right values, attitude and behaviours.
Who we're looking for
We’re looking for an experienced senior manager with extensive knowledge of retail credit risk management, both secured and unsecured, and ideally some knowledge of wholesale credit risk.
This knowledge may have been developed whilst working directly in these areas in a financial services environment, or through working in a risk management/ internal audit function and will allow you to deliver insightful challenge. Previous experience of leading audit or assurance activity would be an advantage, although full training on our audit approach, including the use of agile auditing techniques, will be provided.
As a minimum you’ll:
- Have experience of auditing or managing risks, processes and controls associated with end to end credit risk management.
- Be able to collaborate with the senior leadership team to identify strategic audit priorities and develop the audit plan covering credit risk.
- Have exceptional organisational skills to drive the planning and delivery of a suite of audits of varying complexity, ensuring they’re high quality and in line with our audit methodology.
- Have experience of leading a high performing team, providing performance feedback, career guidance and coaching to help staff be their best and deliver efficiently to the highest professional standards.
- Be able to confidently influence others and build professional business relationships at all levels including executive leaders and directors, showing your proven subject matter expertise and influencing skills.
- Be tenacious, positive and brave in your approach, overcoming any barriers that arise, with the confidence that you will be supported to be your most productive and best self.
- Be comfortable with change, leading the development and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives to deliver our strategy, using your strong communication skills to build support for Society and community priorities across the wider team.
- Have, or be on your way to, completing a relevant professional qualification (for example, the Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors, Institute of Risk Management or relevant credit risk related qualifications).
What you'll be doing
You’ll be managing a small team of audit colleagues, providing regular performance feedback, career guidance and coaching to help them be at their best whilst delivering high quality and impactful audit work.
You and your team will deliver audits that assess governance, risk management and key controls that are relied on across the Society. This may involve some challenging conversations to agree identified issues, so you’ll need to be able to ask the right questions to pin point the key issues at play, be brave enough to challenge and have the integrity to build trust and credibility with your stakeholders.
This role presents a great opportunity to manage your own business area relationships, work in an energetic and productive team, and to further your credibility and reputation with our Senior Leadership team.
Why Internal Audit?
This is an exciting time to join Internal Audit. We are a Community of about 85 employees from a broad range of backgrounds including treasury, finance, risk, IT, transformation and distribution. We believe in supporting and developing our people and, in addition to your development manager, you will have a senior leadership team mentor with whom you can explore longer term development goals and career plans. You will also have the chance to increase your skills, supported by access to an array of training and development opportunities. Most importantly of all, you will work in a team where you are trusted and supported so that you can be your best self and grow during your time in the role.
We are leading the way by embedding agile techniques across our activities to improve the delivery, value and impact of our audit work, driving increased engagement with stakeholders and empowering our staff to perform at their best.
We embrace flexible working, so if you want to work from home sometimes, that’s fine. We believe in getting the job done in the way that works for both us and the business, which means you aren’t expected to be at a desk 9 – 5, Monday to Friday. We pride ourselves in our ‘one team’ approach and our drive for continuous improvement, both of which support our vision of professional excellence and insightful assurance that drives positive change.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to a Healthcare scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
• Cash allowance worth £4,656
• If London based, you’ll also get an additional allowance worth £4,687