Audit Senior Manager - Treasury and Financial Risk Management
- Location Central London, London Area
- Salary £53,694 - £87,253
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 09/07/2018
- Ref R001400062
- Audit Senior Manager in our head office in London
- Competitive salary on a permanent contract.
- Send in your application by 9th of July
Do you want to work in a high-profile environment that gives you the opportunity to influence at the highest level? Our team works in a fast paced, member focused, agile audit environment and has an unmatched opportunity to interact with and add value to the largest building society in the world.
If you have a proven ability to engage successfully with senior management and directors whilst also leading challenging pieces of work in tight timescales why not come and join our Internal Audit Community as an Audit Senior Manager covering Treasury operations and financial risk management audits (liquidity, market and interest rate risk). We’re looking for someone who can really make a difference as part of a highly professional and friendly team identifying, assessing risks and key controls, and overseeing the assessment of control effectiveness.
This is a permanent role based in Swindon or London where our core financial risk management teams are based.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for an experienced senior manager with knowledge of financial risk management and Treasury operations, ideally in a financial services environment. This knowledge may have been developed whilst working directly in these areas or through working in a risk management or internal audit function. Previous experience of leading audit or assurance activity would be an advantage, although full training on our audit approach, including the use of agile of auditing techniques will be provided.
You’ll need to:
- Work with the senior management team to input to the identification of strategic audit priorities and development of the audit plan covering financial risk management.
- Drive the planning for and manage the delivery of agreed audits of varying complexity across Treasury Operations and financial risk management, to a high quality and in compliance with our audit methodology.
- Experience of auditing or managing processes and controls associated with liquidity risk management, wholesale funding, interest rate risk and market risk management. This includes regulatory requirements (for example, ILAAP requirements).
- Lead a team, managing resources (including external co-source) to deliver high quality assurance and optimise efficiency.
- Manage professional audit staff to achieve their potential and deliver to the highest professional standards. Act as a coach and mentor for junior members of the team starting their careers in Internal Audit and the wider Society.
- Be confident in influencing others and building professional business relationships at various levels including senior managers and directors, showing your proven negotiating skills.
- Lead the development and implementation of specific initiatives to deliver the strategy for Internal Audit including leading continuous improvement initiatives and helping to communicate corporate and departmental priorities to the wider team.
- Have, or be on your way to, completing a relevant professional qualification (for example, accountancy qualifications, Association of Corporate Treasurers or the Institute of Internal Auditors).
What you'll be doing
You will have direct line management responsibility for a small number of professional audit staff including conducting performance appraisals, providing career guidance and managing performance. You will use your excellent communication and influencing skills with senior business management to drive improvements in governance, risk and controls across the Society. You will also be a proactive member of the Internal Audit management team, spotting areas for improvement in the quality and efficiency of the team’s work and using your influencing skills to present these to the wider management team. You’ll be directly involved in initiatives to drive improvements to Internal Audit’s practices and be a champion for community-wide change activity.
This is an exciting time to join Internal Audit. We are a Community of about 80 employees from a broad range of backgrounds including treasury, finance, risk, IT, transformation and distribution. We believe in supporting and developing our people and, in addition to your development manager, you will have a senior management team mentor with whom you can explore longer term development goals and career plans.
We are leading the way by embedding agile techniques across our activities to improve the delivery, value and impact of our audit work, driving increased engagement with stakeholders and empowering our staff to perform at their best.
We embrace flexible working, so if you want to work from home sometimes, that’s fine. We believe in getting the job done in the way that works for both us and the business, which means you aren’t expected to be at a desk 9 – 5, Monday to Friday. We pride ourselves in our ‘one team’ approach and our drive for continuous improvement, both of which support our vision of protecting members’ interests and influencing business success.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to a Healthcare scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
- Company car or allowance worth £4,656