IT Audit Manager - Cyber Security
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £50,840 - £73,436
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 27/02/2019
- Ref R001400081
- Job Title: IT Audit Manager – Cyber Security
- Salary: £50,840 to £73,436 depending on experience plus lots of extra benefits
- Employment type: Permanent
- Location: Flexible (with regular travel to our head offices in Swindon)
- Closing Date: 27th of February
Our Internal Audit Community has about 85 employees from a broad range of backgrounds including treasury, finance, risk, IT, transformation and distribution. Our team works in a fast paced, member focused, agile audit environment and has an unmatched opportunity to interact with and add value to the largest building society in the world.
Nationwide is different. It’s not just that our mutual status means we are owned by our members but there is a clarity of purpose that is evident in every decision that we make. Our constant reference point is how our decisions will impact our members and that is as true of Internal Audit as of any other part of the Society.
The profile of the profession has changed dramatically, the impact and influence of Internal Audit is now an important sign of the strength of Nationwide’s governance.
We are leading the way by embedding agile techniques across our activities to improve the delivery, value and impact of our audit work, driving increased engagement with stakeholders and empowering our staff to perform at their best.
Check out the following stories to find out what its really like to work in our team; there is a video how Nationwide is leading the way in Agile Auditing event, there is a day in a life featuring James’ – (Audit Manager) and our article on how we used Lego to inspire ideas - Agile in Audit.
Who we're looking for
As part of this role you’ll
• apply your technical knowledge and audit skills and work effectively with colleagues to deliver high quality, impactful audit reports.
• analyse the design and effectiveness of information technology controls around business-critical applications and the underlying system architecture.
• use your excellent communication and influencing skills to present your findings to senior management and agree on the actions that should be taken.
• communicate regularly and effectively with other members of IA to ensure that work is appropriately coordinated and key messages from business engagement meetings are shared with relevant IA colleagues.
Your analytical skills will also be used in spotting areas for improvement in the focus and/or efficiency of the team’s work, whilst your influencing skills will then be called into action in presenting these potential improvements to senior management. As part of this, you may also be directly involved in initiatives to drive improvement of IA’s practices.
What you'll be doing
We are looking for qualified individuals (e.g. CISA, CISM, CISSP) with extensive cyber security knowledge to assess and influence the control environment that protects the Society.
As a minimum requirement, you’ll have experience of:
• Planning, leading and delivering cyber security audits of varying complexities and types to a high quality, covering areas including:
o Security governance, strategy and change management
o Security Operations:
Threat and Vulnerability Management
Identity and Access Management (including Privileged Account Management)
Security Monitoring (e.g. SIEM/SOC)
o Technical security controls
o Security across the development lifecycle
o Security in third party relationships
• Influencing others and building professional relationships with business, IT and security stakeholders at various levels showing your proven negotiating skills.
• Delivery to tight disciplines in terms of quality, timescale and scope.
It would be nice if you also had experience of:
• Security in Cloud Implementations
• NIST Cyber Security Framework, ISF Standard of Good Practice
• being a leader in a first line IT role, or of leading IT assurance reviews across 2nd / 3rd line of defence functions
The extras you'll get
For helping us do the right thing for our members, you’ll get:
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
• Company car or allowance worth £4,656
• If London based, you’ll get an allowance worth £4,687
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Flexible working - We believe in getting the job done in the way that works for both us and the business, which means you aren’t expected to be at a desk 9 – 5, Monday to Friday