IT Audit Manager - Cyber
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 20/08/2018
- Ref R001400065
• An IT Audit Manager – Cyber Security in our Swindon Head office
• Competitive salary
• Closing date 20th of August
Internal Audit works in a fast paced, customer focused, agile audit environment and provides an unmatched opportunity to interact with and add value to the largest building society in the world.
We’re looking for someone with a proven ability to lead and deliver challenging pieces of work in tight timescales. You’ll be someone who can really make a difference as part of a highly professional and friendly team identifying and testing controls to mitigate key business and technology risks and building strong business relationships with stakeholders at all levels. As you’d expect, we’re keen to hear from those with Cyber experience; based on this foundation we’ll develop your technical, audit and soft skills to help your career flourish.
This role could be located in Swindon, Northampton, London, or Bournemouth but require regular weekly travel (at least three days a week) to our Head Office in Swindon where most of our core functions are based.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for qualified individuals (e.g. CISA, CISM, CISSP) with extensive cyber security knowledge to assess and influence the control environment that protects the Society.
As a minimum requirement you’ll have experience of:
• Planning, leading and delivering cyber security audits of varying complexities and types to a high quality, covering areas including:
o Security governance, strategy and change management
o Security Operations:
Threat and Vulnerability Management
Identity and Access Management (including Privileged Account Management)
Security Monitoring (e.g. SIEM/SOC)
o Technical security controls
o Security across the development lifecycle
o Security in third party relationships
• Influencing others and building professional relationships with business, IT and security stakeholders at various levels showing your proven negotiating skills.
• Delivery to tight disciplines in terms of quality, timescale and scope.
It would be nice if you also had experience of:
• Security in Cloud Implementations
• NIST Cyber Security Framework, ISF Standard of Good Practice
• being a leader in a first line IT role, or of leading IT assurance reviews across 2nd / 3rd line of defence functions
What you'll be doing
As part of this role you’ll
• apply your technical knowledge and audit skills and work effectively with colleagues to deliver high quality, impactful audit reports.
• analyse the design and effectiveness of information technology controls around business-critical applications and the underlying system architecture.
• use your excellent communication and influencing skills to present your findings to senior management and agree on the actions that should be taken.
• communicate regularly and effectively with other members of IA to ensure that work is appropriately coordinated and key messages from business engagement meetings are shared with relevant IA colleagues.
Your analytical skills will also be used in spotting areas for improvement in the focus and/or efficiency of the team’s work, whilst your influencing skills will then be called into action in presenting these potential improvements to senior management. As part of this, you may also be directly involved in initiatives to drive improvement of IA’s practices.
We are a relatively small division of about 80 employees from a broad range of backgrounds, including finance, compliance, risk, IT, financial crime and transformation. We believe in supporting and developing our people and, in addition to your development manager, you will have a senior management team mentor with whom you can explore longer term development goals and career plans.
We embrace flexible working, so if you want to work from home sometimes, that’s fine. We believe in getting the job done in the way that works for both us and the business, which means you aren’t expected to be at a desk 9 – 5, Monday to Friday. We pride ourselves in our ‘one team’ approach and our drive for continuous improvement, both of which support our vision of protecting members’ interests and influencing business success.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
• Company car or allowance worth £4,656