Secretary to Executive
- Location Swindon, South West England
- Salary £19,647 - £28,379
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 26/03/2019
- Ref R001400088
- Secretary to Executive, based in our head office in Swindon
- £19,647 - £28,379 (pro rata) a year on a Permanent contract, working 28 hours a week (working hours can be flexible if needed
- Salary dependant on current package and internal policy
- Send in your application by 26/03/2019
Internal Audit works in a fast paced, member focused, agile audit environment and has an unmatched opportunity to interact with and add value to the largest building society in the world.
If you are a self-motivated, organised individual with a proven ability in providing secretarial support, why not come and join IA as Secretary to three of our Audit Directors. Reporting to the Personal Assistant for the Leader of the Audit Community, this role is located at our Head Office in Swindon.
Who we're looking for
You’ll need to:
• Have proven experience of secretarial / administration work
• Have experience using Microsoft Office software and be proficient in Outlook, Word and Powerpoint with a reasonable understanding of Excel
• Have the ability to prioritise and manage a wide range of tasks
• Be a confident and clear communicator
• Show initiative, identify and deliver ideas for improvement or problem solving
• Be a team player, actively contribute and take on ad hoc tasks
What you'll be doing
You will use your initiative and organisation skills to perform diary management, including the scheduling of internal and business stakeholder meetings, booking rooms and equipment and making sure all relevant papers are collated / distributed on time. You’ll be booking travel arrangements and hotel accommodation for the Audit Directors as well as providing phone, holiday and minute taking cover. You’ll also provide cover for the Personal Assistant to the Leader of the Audit Community and the other Secretary when required and adhoc administrative support for the community.
Why Internal Audit?
This is an exciting time to join IA. We are a relatively small division of about 80 employees from a broad range of backgrounds, including finance, compliance, risk, IT, financial crime and transformation. We believe in supporting and developing our people and, in addition to your line manager, you will have a senior management team mentor with whom you can explore longer term development goals and career plans.
We embrace flexible working, within a professional team environment, so if you want to work from home sometimes, that’s fine. We believe in getting the job done in the way that works for both us and the business, which means you aren’t expected to be at a desk 9 – 5, Monday to Friday. We pride ourselves in our ‘one team’ approach and our drive for continuous improvement, both of which support our vision of protecting members’ interests and influencing business success.
Using your interpersonal skills, you will develop and maintain good working relationships with key internal and external contacts. Prioritising your own workload, you will assist the Personal Assistant to the Audit Community Leader on administration duties.
You may also be directly involved in initiatives to drive improvement of IA’s practices.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme