Business Development Manager (Based at Home - Covering North, Central Surrey and West Sussex)
- Location Surrey, England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 23/05/2018
- Ref R002202866
- A Business Development Manager (based at home) working in Intermediary Relationships covering North, Central Surrey and West Sussex
- £34,960 - £50,497 a year plus excellent benefits including company car
- Permanent, Full-Time position
The role of Business Development Manager is to generate mortgage business via mortgage intermediaries through building and developing relationships in a given area. This is a dual branded role covering both Nationwide and The Mortgage Works intermediary proposition.
Reporting into a Regional Sales Manager, it is expected you will live in or be able to travel regularly to North, Central Surrey and West Sussex and will be based from home. There will be the requirement for overnight stays on occasion. Applicants must have a current driving Licence.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you will need:
- Understanding of mortgage process as well as MCoB, ICoB rules and other regulation that may impact on business. Successful track record of achieving key company objectives
- An understanding of mortgage underwriting.
- CEMAP qualification.
- It would be nice if you also had:
- Knowledge and understanding of the Intermediary Market Place is desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of the Buy to Let market is desirable but not essential.
- Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude, good communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of mortgage competitor products and activity would be advantageous.
- This would be an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual who wishes to progress their career and gain/expand their knowledge of the intermediary mortgage market. Whilst existing experience within this arena would be advantageous we would be very interested in hearing from applicants currently employed in a Mortgage advice or Mortgage processing role. Full training and ongoing support will be provided.
What you'll be doing
- Developing and maintaining relationships with intermediaries within a defined geographical territory to achieve objectives for mortgage business volumes.
- Conducting meetings with intermediaries and delivering presentations to promote Nationwide’s Intermediary proposition.
- Educating intermediaries in how to use Nationwide's On Line Mortgage processing system to best effect.
- Attending and participating in Conferences/Exhibitions to promote Nationwide and The Mortgage Works products and services.
- Giving guidance to intermediaries regarding the suitability of potential mortgage business
- Maintaining an up to date database of contacts within your area and recording all contact made for collation of activity management.
- Being the ‘face of Nationwide and The Mortgage Works’ to intermediaries within your defined area, assisting with case issues and liaising with New Business Service centre to ensure swift resolution.
- Working with Intermediaries and New Business Service Centres to help secure improved quality of mortgage packaging from intermediaries.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us. As a Business Development Manager you will get:
• Company car
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary • 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to a Healthcare scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme