Senior Operational Supplier Manager
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £53,694 - £87,253
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 09/05/2018
- Ref R001900502
Senior Operational Supplier Manager – Invoice and Performance Management
Location – Swindon Head Office
Contract Type – Permanent
Salary - £53,694 - £87,253, depending on experience and skills.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Operational Supply Chain Management (OSCM) team within Supply Chain Management, as the Senior Manager leading our Invoice and Performance Management functions. OSCM was established 3 years ago to support the delivery of outsourced services by providing consistent governance and control across our third parties and now supports a number of our key third party suppliers across the Society.
- process multimillion £ of supplier invoices validating to source data and contractual obligations and resolving issues with stakeholders and suppliers, contributing significantly to ensuring our members get value for money by making sure we pay for the right things;
- processing of supplier performance results and converting to performance credits via the application of contractual rules driving the supplier performance; and
- undertaking retrospective value checks on spend to ensure accuracy and fairness for Nationwide with our strategic partners.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll have:
- Contract and commercial relationship management experience
- Qualified Accountant with proven application in a business environment
- Previously been in a role where you demonstrated successful 3rd party partnering and associated dispute resolution
- Demonstrable strategy delivery experience
- Knowledge of validation and payment processes
- Outstanding numeracy and analytical skills
- Proven experience of onboarding new activities / suppliers
- The ability to collaborate across an organisation and with suppliers
- Finessed your influencing technique, through your exposure to various senior stakeholders across an organisation and suppliers
- Strong leadership and management skills
What you'll be doing
You’ll lead and manage teams in an exciting and growing area, with a focus on ensuring the Society effectively manages the commercial aspects of the relationship with key suppliers with particular focus on validation and approval of multimillion £ invoices, and the associated performance management activities. This is a key part of the efficient and effective management of key suppliers and the team have a proven track record of finding substantial results.
Working closely with key stakeholders across the Society and suppliers a key part of the role is the management of issues and resolution of disputes relating the billing, payment and associated activities.
You’ll also be responsible for setting the plans with the right balance of commerciality and business needs to maximise the control and benefits for the Society.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to a Healthcare scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
- Company car or allowance worth £4,656 gross per annum