Associate Data Scientists
- Location Swindon Head Office, England
- Salary £35,309 - £51,002
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 26/04/2019
- Ref R002500136
• Associate Data Scientist – The Analytics Hub; Data & Analytics Community.
• £35,309 - £51,000 per annum plus bonus and benefits on a permanent, 35-hour contract.
• Send in your application by 26th April 2019
The Analytics Hub sits in a new, data-led community that provides analytic and data science-based solutions to all areas of Nationwide. We solve real business problems, improve customer experience and drive efficiency. It’s an exciting time to join as the demand for innovation and analytics is increasing, so you’ll be able to grow with us in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Who we're looking for
We’re looking for an associate data scientist who is enthusiastic, proactive and ready to bring fresh ideas and methods to the team.
As a minimum, you’ll:
• Be a fluent communicator
• Have experience using Python/R
• Have experience with databases and SQL
• Have an Undergraduate/Masters degree in maths, statistics, computer science, physics, economics or related field desirable but not essential
• Some knowledge of machine learning models and their working
• Experience interpreting outputs of models and building visualizations to depict your interpretations
• Be innovative, creative and agile, developing and championing new ideas, spotting opportunities, and learning fast along the way.
• Experience of productionising models would be beneficial
What you'll be doing
Working within the agile framework, and a hub-and-spoke data science model, you will collaborate with different communities to understand the difficulties they face and identify improvements. You’ll develop new analytics use cases for the team to deliver and work collaboratively with both the data engineering teams and business stakeholders to understand how data can be used to support use case delivery.
The data you use will be varied and multi-faceted, and the insights you generate along the way will prove invaluable. We are constantly looking to utilise more varied structured, semi-structured and unstructured data sources to bring additional dimensions into our analysis. A key part of your role will be to seek out those sources and spot opportunities. Comfortable working with senior business leaders, you’ll build relationships across the Society, creating compelling data driven stories to support your outputs and findings.
We are currently investing in a new Big Data platform based on Hortonworks Hadoop, Teradata and Open Source tooling. We’ll use this technology to develop a strong data science capability and you will be at the forefront of early adopters looking to embrace and grow this capability.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.