- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £35,309 - £51,002
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 29/04/2019
- Ref R002500134
Location: Based in our Head Offices, Swindon
Salary range: £35,000 - £51,000 (dependent on skills and experience), plus competitive benefits package
Please send in your application before 29th April 2019.
Nationwide has recently embarked on an ambitious Data and Analytics strategy, transforming how we use data in the Society. An important part of this is the environment support for the technologies we will be using to achieve this, working as part of the Data Solutions team delivering key services to the Society around how our data and analytics capabilities are managed.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Business Intelligence Support team, providing environment support and enabling solutions across our SAS 9.4 / 9.2 Grid, SAS Viya, SAP Business Objects, Qlik and ThoughtSpot capabilities.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll have:
• Experience in financial services or similar regulated industry (e.g. telecoms)
• Key skills in at least two of our Business Intelligence technologies, SAS 9, SAS Viya, SAP Business Objects, QlikView/ Qlik Sense or ThoughtSpot
• Excellent communication skills, building trust across a wide userbase (1,000+ users), and building relationships and influencing Senior Managers and external vendors
It would be nice if you also had:
• Administration experience in one or more of the platforms; SAS 9 Grid, SAS Viya, SAP Business Objects, QlikView / Qlik Sense
• SAS development experience across SAS Base / Macro / SQL, and SAS Base / SAS Enterprise Guide / SAS DI Studio clients
• Windows / UNIX (KSH/ Bash) / Linux (Bash) Shell Scripting knowledge
What you'll be doing
You will join as a member of Business Intelligence Support within the Data and Analytics Environments team. Reporting to the BI Platform Manager, you will be key to ensuring the team meets its accountabilities for the day-to-day operation, health and stability of the Society’s BI platforms. You will ensure service and proactively identify / resolve problem areas, working closely with other members of the team and third-party support partners.
While you will likely specialise in one or two of the technologies listed, you will be able work flexibly across additional technologies, maintaining a baseline level of knowledge. Finally, you will be able to work with a diverse range of stakeholders, building trust with users of the BI technologies, other support functions around the Society (e.g. Infrastructure or Desktop Support) and external vendor support capabilities.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a
pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.