Manager - Capital Management - 10 month FTC
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Fixed Term Contract
- Closing date 23/07/2018
- Ref R001700235
- A manager within our Finance & Efficiency community (Head office Swindon)
- £50,840 - £73,436 a year, plus bonus and benefits (salary dependent on experience and skills), 10 month Fixed Term Contract
- Send in your application by 21st July 2018.
You’ll join the Capital Reporting & Insight team (a team of eight) within the Balance Sheet Risk area, in Nationwide’s Treasury department.
Balance Sheet Risk’s role is to ensure that Nationwide’s solvency, funding, liquidity and market risks are effectively managed to meet the needs of our business and members, as well as our investors and regulators (Prudential Regulatory Authority (PRA) and Bank of England (BofE)). Our aim is to ensure that Nationwide is ‘Built to Last’, maintaining market confidence and financial strength. In this role, you will take manage and approve the production our key regulatory submissions, within our reporting team. This will include leading the production of high profile reports provided internally to Nationwide committees and externally to both our regulators and members. You’ll also take responsibility for maintaining our reporting framework to ensure that it remains well controlled and optimised for efficiency.
Who we're looking for
In carrying out this role, you’ll manage the workflow of the team and help to develop the junior team members.
We’re seeking a candidate with:
- 3-5 years’ experience of capital resources and requirements within the context of a banking environment and broader financial knowledge
- Expert knowledge of Basel II, Basel III and CRR capital regulation
- Capacity to translate the detail and complexity of regulation into business implications and communicate them in a clear language;
- Experience of PRA/EBA reporting requirements;
- Excellent communicator at senior management level, with the credibility to speak with authority to senior executives and managers on capital related matters
- Expert knowledge of Axiom reporting system and EBA data taxonomies for CoRep reporting
- Strong numerical and analysis skills
- Professional financial qualification equivalent to degree level are preferable (e.g. CFA, ACCA, ACT)
Ideally you’ll have a background in finance or business as confidence working with numbers and a high level of attention to detail is vital.
What you'll be doing
Day to day you’ll;
- Manage, support and train team members to optimise the performance and contribution of the team
- Lead, understand and approve external capital reporting (including CoRep, PRA101, FSA045 and Pillar 3 disclosures)
- Understand and lead production of internal capital information, reviewing content for relevance given developments in the business and wider market environment
- Provide expert knowledge in respect of capital rules, capital calculations and capital reporting
- Work within a robust reconciliation and controls environment to ensure that reporting is accurate and data quality issues are resolved promptly
- Support the wider department with the reporting and analysis of capital to ensure consistent delivery of value adding reports and insight
- Liaise with the Compliance team to ensure that regulatory reporting remains compliant and meets external reporting standards as appropriate.
Assessment Process: initial shortlisting by CV and Cover Letter review followed by a face to face interview. The interview will be ‘competency based’, including some questions about experience to date; more details will be provided if you progress to this stage.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.