Advisor Tool Configuration Manager
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £41,951 - £60,596
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 23/05/2018
- Ref R002202446
• Advisor Tool Configuration Manager working in Financial Planning Protection & Investments
• Based in our Swindon Head Office
• £34,960 - £50,497
• Full time, 35 hrs per week
Our vision is to provide great advice on Protection and Investment Products for all and not just the lucky few. The Advisor Tool Configuration Manager roles will be responsible for safeguarding and ensuring that the generic capabilities of the tool are maintained and customisation minimised for the 300 system users and for the benefit of the 400k members whose investments rely on the Advisor Tool system.
You will be responsible for the interpretation of upcoming changes to the Advisor Tool and the management and control of the implementation of configuration changes to the Tool to ensure that changes are successfully delivered across multiple distribution channels. You will also be responsible for the day to day management of the Advisor Tool system in the event of faults or system outage.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement, you’ll have:
• A deep specialist knowledge of the Advisor Tool both from a technical and user perspective
• Strong problem solving, planning and analytical skills
• A successful track record in operational and / or change management with a record of change delivery (medium scale, medium complexity)
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills to forge productive relationships across the Group and external suppliers
• Professional qualifications such as FPC and / or Level 4
• Experience of Business Requirements and Impact Assessment documentation for system changes and defect resolution
• Have excellent stakeholder management skills supported by comprehensive negotiation and influencing capabilities
• Have experience in report writing, preparing for and chairing meetings
• Knowledge of the Protection and Investment industry
• Commercially minded with an appreciation of the functions of a large financial services organisation
It would be nice if you also had:
• A relevant Professional qualification in Programme/Project Management (APM, Prince 2 etc)
• An understanding of the NBS and Third-Party tools such as the advice point of sale systems and the different roles across the Retail Branch Network
• A strong awareness and understanding of the business structure and strategy, and how the division aligns with its successful delivery
What you'll be doing
• Undertaking analytical, scoping and requirements gathering to form ideas and support for new projects and / or system improvements. This will include helping shape the advice Sales Policy using knowledge of the standard Advisor Tool features as well as implementing effective configuration to deliver efficient delivery / configuration of Nationwide Sales Policy.
• Design, test and implement changes to the Advisor Tool system including screen layout and where appropriate amendments to the Suitability Letter.
• Governance and maintenance of Advisor Tool system access for all users, liaising with Access Management to execute.
• Govern and maintain Agency structures (including starters and leavers) across the FPP&I third party IT estate, liaising with third parties to ensure consistency.
• Liaise with ITSM on the management of Advisor Tool system faults and incident management
• Taking responsibility for keeping the SLT and business stakeholders abreast and communicating to FPM’s, Area Managers and RD’s.
• Identify risks (both project and operational), issues, dependencies and pinch-points within your deliveries and take suitable steps to mitigate or prevent these as necessary prior to onward escalation.
• As key SME attend a monthly service and relationship management meeting with the Advisor Tool system provider and associated 3rd parties.
• Responsibility for the oversight and coordination of monthly Advisor Tool MI reporting within FPP&I. • Working with the Senior Management Team and other key business stakeholders to identify, prioritise and deliver change
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme