Customer Contact Agent
- Location Bournemouth Administration Centre, South West England
- Salary £16,000 - £16,000
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 04/11/2018
- Ref R002203161
“Being the best and being known as the best”.
This is what our Collections & Recoveries department is all about. We are committed to rewarding performance and promoting the best. This is why upon a successfully completed 6 month probation, you will be rewarded with an automatic promotion and a salary increase of £500.
So, with hard work, dedication, the right attitude and performance, you see there is a career and reward structure in place to facilitate your progression.
We have full time roles (35 hours per week), 9-5pm Mon-Fri
- Generous annual incentive scheme
- 24 days holiday + bank holidays
- The ability to ‘buy’ more holiday
- Benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Town centre location
- Subsidised gym onsite (Nuffield Health)
We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Be customer focused and have experience of working within a customer service environment. You’ll have a genuine passion for delivering a fantastic customer experience.
- Have strong PC skills as you'll need to move around our systems quickly and efficiently whilst speaking to our customers. Keyboard skills and accuracy of data input are critical to ensure that errors are kept to a minimum and our records are correctly maintained.
- Have great communication skills with the ability to adapt your communication style to suit each customer, ensuring you explain matters to customers in a clear way that they can fully understand
- Have a good degree of empathy and excellent people skills with a natural curiosity to help you quickly understand members’ problems and potential solutions.
It would be nice if you also have:
- Experience in managing customer account enquires and knowledge of how Collections & Recoveries procedures operate although this is not essential as training will be given
- Experience in the use of both MSOffice and other Windows applications
What you'll be doing
The main purpose of this role is to discuss customer repayment vehicles linked to interest only mortgages via in bound and out bound telephone contact. You will be required to provide accurate and direct customers to appropriate advice providers and support for customers who contact Nationwide with questions related to the repayment of their mortgage borrowing. You will discuss all options available to the customer and to deliver excellent customer service by ensuring the needs of the customer are met in line with legislative, regulatory and society arrears policies.
You will also be responsible for:
- Making decisions & responding to customer enquiries received via in bound and out bound telephone contact in line with the Departments’ quality standards, in a customer focused manner & in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Taking personal ownership and responsibility to help the customer understand the impact of their financial situation and sign post broad actions they could take to avoid future financial difficulties
- Responding to other Departments’ Mortgage enquiries
- Correctly input confidential data and ensure that efficient and accurate customer records are maintained, in line with policies and procedures.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.