Customer Contact Agent
- Location Bournemouth Administration Centre, England
- Salary £16,000 - £16,000
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 20/06/2018
- Ref R002202772
We are currently recruiting for passionate and customer focused individuals to join our Collections and Recoveries Customer Contact team in Bournemouth. This is an important roles and it’s vital we have highly skilled, professional, customer focused people on board. In return, we are committed to rewarding performance and promoting the best. So, with hard work, dedication, the right attitude and performance, there is a career and reward structure in place to facilitate your progression.
• Full Time (35 hours per week), working varied shifts between the hours of 8am-8pm Monday to Friday and 9am-5pm on occasional Saturdays (with lieu back in the week given)
• Start date - ASAP
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you'll:
Be customer focused and have experience of working within a customer service environment. You’ll have a genuine passion for delivering a fantastic customer experience.
Be able to use a PC as you'll need to move around our systems quickly and efficiently whilst speaking to our customers. Keyboard skills and accuracy of data input are critical to ensure that errors are kept to a minimum and our records are correctly maintained.
Be confident at communicating with the ability to adapt your communication style to suit each customer, ensuring you explain matters to customers in a clear way that they can fully understand
Be empathic with a natural curiosity to help you quickly understand customers’ problems and potential solutions.
Making decisions & responding to customer enquiries received via in bound and out bound telephone contact in line with the Departments’ quality standards, in a customer focused manner & in accordance with regulatory requirements
It would be nice if you also have:
- Experience of working with mortgages; although this is not essential as training will be given
What you'll be doing
The main purpose of this role is to discuss customer repayment strategy linked to interest only mortgages via in bound and out bound telephone contact. You will be required to record accurate information on customer mortgage payment strategy, and direct customers to appropriate advice providers, as well as supporting customers who contact Nationwide with questions related to the repayment of their mortgage borrowing. You will discuss all options available to the customer and to deliver excellent customer service by ensuring the needs of the customer are met in line with legislative, regulatory and society policies.
You will also be responsible for:
- Making decisions & responding to customer enquiries received via in bound and out bound telephone contact in line with the Departments’ quality standards, in a customer focused manner & in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Taking personal ownership and responsibility to help the customer understand the impact of their financial situation and directing them appropriately
- Responding to other departments’ enquiries through a variety of channels • Correctly input confidential data and ensure that efficient and accurate customer records are maintained, in line with policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate & maintain own product, process, policy regulatory & system knowledge
- Commit to a continuous improvement culture through participation in team meetings, interaction with the team and its line management and generation of ideas for improving processes.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.