Senior MIS Analyst
- Location Northampton Administration Centre, England
- Salary £30,204 - £43,628
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 25/04/2018
- Ref R002202795
Reporting to: Senior Manager MIS Analytics
Salary: £30,204 - £43,628 (Depending on experience)
Working in the Strategy, Analysis and Change department within Nationwide’s arrears management function an exciting opportunity has arisen for someone who is looking to play a key role in driving and delivering improvements to the business through the development and review of our MI and Reporting.
The MIS Analytics team provides a Business Intelligence and reporting capability for Collections & Recoveries. They are responsible for developing and maintaining SAS/SQL reporting and performing detailed and systematic analysis of departmental performance.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Have technical competency in at least one data handling or statistical application, ideally SAS or T-SQL
- Have experience using SAS Data Integration Studio
- Be a logical and rational thinker with proven problem-solving capability
- Possess a good understanding of relational databases from a querying and reporting perspective
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Possess meticulous planning and task management with the capability to maintain multiple threads of work concurrently and to a high standard
- Have drive and ambition with a self-directed approach to your personal development
It would be nice if you also had:
- Experience in the Financial Services sector
- Knowledge of Collections & Recoveries main aims and processes
What you'll be doing
- Build and maintain operational and regulatory data reporting in SAS and SQL, that will drive key business processes
- Act as a primary point of contact for questions relating to data sources, reporting and individual metrics managed and utilised by the department
- Derive new and useful information to the business through the integration and analysis of data from disparate sources across the Society
- Interpret business requirements in order to produce high-quality, detailed and easily interpreted technical design documents for all significant solutions
- Measure departmental performance and present the results with visualisations that will allow decision makers and analysts to derive key business insights
- Provide data and expertise to departmental and corporate projects whilst successfully managing stakeholder expectations
- Support strategic change by evaluating the performance of new business strategies against operational targets
- Respond rapidly to business requests for data, exploiting a deep knowledge of departmental data sources.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.