Specialist Collector and Negotiator
- Location Northampton Administration Centre, East Midlands
- £19,453 - £19,453
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 20/03/2018
- Ref R002202340
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Specialist Collector and Negotiators in Nationwide Recoveries. We have open-ended and temporary (12 months) positions available. Please state on your application which you are applying for (or both).
It takes an unusual blend of skills to help people sort out their money problems, particularly in these uncertain economic times. You must have our customer and the customer outcome at the heart of everything that you do. You need to have the tact to deal with sensitive subjects, proven problem-solving skills and the strength of character to get results using your own initiative. You’ll find this role can also be extremely rewarding knowing that you have made a real difference to someone.
We have big ambitions for our business – and high expectations of the people who’ll help us achieve them. In return, as well as plenty of scope for personal development, you can look forward to the recognition and kind of rewards package you’ve come to expect from us. From little things like knowing your shift pattern a month in advance to big things like career prospects, there’s a lot to look forward to.
The team currently work shifts between 8am and 6pm shift, Mondays to Fridays. However, your contract will cover 8am – 8pm Mondays to Saturdays, should business needs change.
Who we're looking for
We’ll train you thoroughly. Equally as important as your specific background, are your personal qualities.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
• Be customer driven with a genuine passion for delivering a fantastic customer experience
• Be a committed individual who has worked in a customer focused environment who wants to make a difference to both our members & the business.
• Have tact, diplomacy, professionalism and sensitivity
• If you can also combine them with resilience, maturity and a firm but fair approach, you’ll get the best results
• Have strong PC skills as you'll need to move around our systems quickly and efficiently whilst speaking to our customers
• Experience in a telephony role is essential alongside having some customer service experience and understand and are happy to work within a contact centre environment
What you'll be doing
There are many reasons why our customers might miss their repayments on a current account, personal loan or credit card bill. You’ll be dealing with customers who might not have responded to our initial attempts to help them get back on track because they have been unwilling or unable to pay. But whatever the background to these cases, it’ll be your job to take control and decide on the best way to resolve them for the customer and Nationwide – whether that’s to accept payment, implement a payment plan or send the case to our solicitors or an agent for collection. With each part of the process, you’ll be integral to ensuring Nationwide achieves the right balance between obtaining the best outcome for the customer and ourselves. We won't pretend it's easy – you'll have a lot of responsibility and will have targets from the outset. So you’ll need to make as many calls as you can and deal with as many cases as you can. But the targets are achievable and the satisfaction you'll get is huge. As is the support you'll enjoy.