Compliance Advice Manager - Society Wide Risks and Customer Communications
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £50,337 - £72,709
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 22/05/2018
- Ref R001500129
- A Compliance Advice Manager based in Nationwide Head Office, Swindon with accountability for supporting and providing business areas and senior management with regulatory advice and subject matter expertise
- £50,337 - £72,709 a year plus benefits on a Permanent contract, working 35 hours a week (salary dependent on experience)
- Company car allowance
- Send in your application by 22nd of May
Compliance Advice forms part of the second-line of defence and a key area of Nationwide’s central compliance function, sitting alongside our Compliance and Operational Risk Oversight colleagues. We are at the forefront of complex regulatory change, providing real-time advice and subject matter expertise on all aspects of FCA and PRA regulation to ensure that Nationwide achieves its strategic ambitions, remains compliant and does the right thing for our members.
Who we're looking for
- You will have a deep understanding of the latest FCA & PRA regulatory developments along with detailed knowledge of specific rules such as PRIN, SYSC & DISP
- You will have working knowledge and understanding of conduct and/or regulatory risk, particularly with regards to product governance, strategy, policies and defining risk appetites
- Compliance risk and/or equivalent experience working in a role such as compliance or audit and experience of working in an FCA regulated environment
As a minimum requirement, you’ll have:
- Have proven experience of advising business areas and stakeholders on compliance, conduct and regulatory issues within your current or recent previous roles, both at a local and senior strategic level.
- Have detailed working knowledge of Regulatory Sourcebooks particularly; the high level standards; regulatory processes; and redress
- An awareness of external market developments; from our Regulators, government bodies and our competitors.
- A thirst for knowledge will mean you are always looking to learn more about your business area/s and the regulations impacting it.
- Be experienced in engaging and challenging business areas on their compliance and conduct issues. You can support the management of relationships with colleagues in a clear and structured way, ensuring that key stakeholders are kept up to date with progress.
- Have strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to learn new information quickly and to seek further guidance when required.
- Flexibility and presence will be required to lead a portfolio of work and undertake new and varied compliance and conduct risk related analysis within tight deadlines
- Proven experience of dealing with senior stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and commercially minded approach alongside the desire to create innovative compliance solutions.
- Be agile in your approach to change and review solutions to deliver a competitive edge. You’ll always think about our members - they’re everything to us - and make sure our business has an ethical approach that makes sure we treat them fairly.
It would be nice if you also had:
- An industry recognised compliance qualification
Nationwide strongly believes in continuous learning, both on an individual basis and through its own Risk Academy, using internal experts, seminars as well as the opportunity to attend external sessions.
What you'll be doing
- As a subject matter expert, you will lead on advising business areas on how new and current regulation impacts the way we interact with our customers, colleagues and competitors with a clear focus on conduct risk and outcomes.
- Day-to-day you will work with colleagues from across the business to support their strategic aims whilst ensuring that these aims are delivered in a way that puts customers at the heart of the decision-making processes.
- Verify the implementation of new regulation and rules which impact on risk and compliance within the business
- Work with Risk, Compliance and first line colleagues on all matters, including devising, implementing and maintaining policies & procedures, providing challenge and advice and maintaining compliance with applicable regulatory and industry rules
- Raise conduct and compliance risk awareness and understanding of risk management and identifying new areas of risk including helping to determine the correct response
- Looking across the regulatory horizon to identify emerging risks and gaining wider industry awareness.
- Representing Compliance Advice on strategic change projects and at senior management team meetings
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to a Healthcare scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
- Company car or allowance worth £4,656