Regulatory Risk Senior Consultant
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 19/11/2018
- Ref R001500336
• A Regulatory Risk Senior Consultant based in our head office in Swindon
• Competitive salary plus benefits on a permanent contract, working 35 hours a week (salary flexible dependent on experience)
• Send in your application by 19th November
This role is highly suitable for a range of backgrounds most notably those looking to branch out from either Credit Risk Modelling, Treasury Modelling or Capital Management.
The team sits within the Risk Community at Nationwide and works with stakeholders across Risk and the wider Society to manage regulatory risk. We are at the forefront of complex regulatory change, providing real-time advice and subject matter expertise on all aspects of FCA and PRA regulation to ensure that Nationwide achieves its strategic ambitions, remains compliant and does the right thing for its members.
This role will be providing advice and support to the business on strategic and regulatory change, primarily in the prudential space, ensuring that regulatory requirements are applied.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement, you’ll have:
• Experience in a capital management, risk modelling or treasury function, or experience in dealing with PRA regulations.
• An understanding of prudential financial services regulation, including the PRA’s approach and objectives.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and experience at dealing with challenging stakeholders.
• A naturally curious and inquisitive approach to work, proactively questioning the status quo where appropriate.
• Personal drive and initiative, and the ability to develop new knowledge quickly.
• Excellent organisation and time management skills and an ability to adapt to rapidly changing environments.
• Proven ability to present complex subject matter in a concise and easy-to-understand way, including to senior stakeholders.
It would be beneficial if you also had one or more of the below:
• Experience in advising on regulatory compliance.
• Experience in managing credit, solvency, or liquidity risk.
• Experience of engagement in large scale change projects.
• Experience of embedding risk management frameworks.
What you'll be doing
- Working alongside others in the team, you will support in providing advice and support to the business on strategic and regulatory change, primarily in the prudential space, ensuring that regulatory requirements are applied.
- You will look across the regulatory horizon to identify emerging risks and gain wider industry awareness.
- You will lead the development and administration of risk tools
- You will develop and maintain effective working relationships with business areas within the scope of work being undertaken.
- You will support the effort to ‘join dots’ and deliver Compliance insights through relevant management information.
- You will respond to ad-hoc queries and requests in a timely manner, delivering solutions that support the needs of the teams.
- You will take responsibility for own development, seeking learning opportunities within the work being undertaken, and contributing to the overall team performance.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme