Senior Business Analyst - Security
- Location Swindon, South West England
- Salary £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 04/02/2019
- Ref R002300197
• Senior Business Analyst - Security
• Based in our Swindon Offices
• Salary range from £42,300-£61,200 dependent on current package
We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst to help us shape and deliver an exciting change agenda within the Security Community.
The Security squads mission is to ensure the adequate protection of Nationwide’s people, financial, information and infrastructure assets from deliberate or accidental damage, disruption, loss or misuse.
Working within the Business Design capability you will be critical to the success of Squads/Portfolio’s/Programmes, putting the discipline front and centre by co-creating the following with the Chief Product Owner;
- Squad level Objectives & Key Results and Roadmaps including transition/target states
- Helping to agree how initiatives are being incepted and shaping how the designs are being produced
- Establishing the Analysis approach and accountability for all Business Design deliverables
- Leading the embedding of changes initiatives using effective business readiness techniques
Who we're looking for
The SBA role includes task and line management of Business Analysts, help the business define and embed necessary operating models to support the success of an initiative, elicitation of requirements, requirements traceability, process re-engineering and business readiness support.
You will have excellent stakeholder management skills and will enjoy working collaboratively with other areas of the business to deliver squad outcomes.
You’ll be able to quickly develop an excellent understanding of business processes and needs, and have experience working with ambiguity in a fast paced, often challenging environment.
You will support the business, understanding and bringing to life complex business needs through leading workshops and facilitating discussions to elicit business requirements.
You’ll have the confidence to use a number of proven elicitation techniques and analysis methodologies to challenge appropriately and seek solutions to complex problems.
You’ll plan and task manage Business Analysts to develop high quality deliverables. Through leadership and coaching you will ensure that your analysts work collaboratively with our partners and stakeholders, giving confidence in our delivery and reporting against plans.
As a minimum requirement you’ll have:
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Experience of leading and managing business analysts within a project or programme
- Expert knowledge of analysis tools, methodology and best practice and the ability to apply structured analysis expertise on assigned projects
- Experience working with 3rd party suppliers
- End to end project lifecycle experience
- Relevant professional qualification in analysis disciplines, such as BCS modules/diploma
It would be nice if you also have:
- Prior experience working as a Senior Business Analyst
- Experience of working with the Rational suite of products
- Knowledge of Financial Services
- Working knowledge of Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Good understanding of the Security technical infrastructure at NBS
What you'll be doing
- Manage Business Analysis activity in the creation of deliverables and conduct peer reviews of deliverables to ensure that quality standards are met on all outputs
- Apply structured analysis expertise on assigned projects and work closely with stakeholders to shape and manage their expectations
- Identify and articulate risks and issues on complex projects, providing timely updates to project and programme managers and the leaders within your change community
- Help shape and drive Business Analysis at Nationwide
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme