Business Support Manager
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £41,951 - £60,596
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 29/05/2018
- Ref R001900560
- A Business Support Manager, to work within our Document Management team, in Hawksworth, Swindon
- Salary £41,951 - £60,596 a year (dependent on skills, experience and current remuneration), based on a permanent, 35-hour week, contract.
- Please send in your application by 29th May 2018
At a time where governance oversight, controls management and regulatory evidencing is increasing, an opportunity has arisen to join our newly formed Governance, Control and Business Support team within Document Management.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Have good working experience of operational management
- Have significant experience of influencing and persuading at a senior level
- Be experienced working in a customer focused environment
- Have excellent proven Interpersonal skills, i.e. motivation, coaching, giving and receiving feedback
- Have a logical approach, and ability to think laterally
- Be energetic and inquisitive
- Have strong planning and prioritisation skills and experience
- Have a reputation of high personal standards, showing the ability to be influential, flexible, decisive, confident and use leadership and team skills to deliver results
- Have excellent leadership, stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
- Have a strong track record of delivery and excellent performance.
- Have a demonstrable track record & experience in delivering business change and continuous improvement programmes
- Have extensive planning and analytical skills
It would be nice (although not essential), if you also had:
- Education to at least degree level
- Experience of working for a Financial Services Organisation
What you'll be doing
You’ll deliver superior business results through your dynamic leadership of team members. You’ll inspire, motivate, coach and develop your team to achieve outstanding performance through your personal leadership and demonstration of the Society’s core values.
The role will be accountable for the delivery of an effective business support service within the Governance, Risk and Control of the Document Management function. It will be accountable for the management of the internal and external governance and reporting, as well as supporting the review and assessment of the functions control framework across its processes.
The role will be required to influence senior operations managers to make fundamental changes to the way they conduct their business.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to a Healthcare scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme