Senior Dev Ops Engineer
- Location Swindon, London, Countrywide
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 31/01/2019
- Ref R001900833
- Based at our Head Office in Swindon or in London
- Salary dependent on skills and experience. Includes a competitive benefits package
- Permanent opportunity, 35 hours a week
With our recent Big Investment, we’re driving change that’s delivered at pace, that is future-proofed and aligned with our strategic objectives. And that’s where you come in.
We’re looking for an ever-curious and collaborative Senior DevOps Engineer to join our new DevOps Enablement Engineering function. Working with colleagues in design, technology and delivery you will collaborate on our most complex technical challenges and help to create member-focused experiences across our products. The central purpose? To make things more convenient, efficient and simple for our members.
Who we're looking for
You’ll have knowledge and experience in a commercial setting of:
- Designing and architecting complex, enterprise-level applications
- Building and maintaining multi-stage CI/CD pipelines
- Using DevOps technologies
- Working with cloud-based infrastructure (ideally AWS)
- Implementing Microservice architecture
- Adhering to security and test protocol
- Software tools, including:
- DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Sonarqube, Pally, JIRA, Bitbucket, Artifactory, Atlassian, .NET core
- Cloud abstraction and deployment tools such as Terraform
- Automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- Docker container platforms such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, Docker Swarm
- Coding languages and environments e.g. Python, C#, JS, NET
- Making an impact, driving automation and improving business outcomes
- Learning new technologies and ways of working
- Being an active participant within the open source community
We’re even more excited if you have:
- Prior experience of working in Agile teams
- Prior experience of working in a large Financial Services organisation
What you'll be doing
You’ll be working in a team of 12 engineers, driving team performance through the engineering lifecycle – from planning and development all the way through to operational support. In the early stages of our transformation, your team will have to deliver products at the same time as actively supporting the digital transformation of NBS.
So you’ll be instrumental in identifying opportunities and will be helping to shape the direction of solutions. And, by utilising your tried and tested DevOps tooling design skills, you will be responsible for creating, delivering and supporting services that solve needs. You’ll have the benefit of being supervised and mentored by external DevOps technical support, who will ensure you make the most of your potential.
You’ll be sharing your opinions and experiences both internally and externally, helping us to build our engineering culture and drive up quality. And you’ll have the ability to champion Agile best practice to promote a culture of rapid and iterative create, test and learn
A natural communicator, you can explain technical issues and influence colleagues at all levels and develop the skills of junior team members.
The extras you'll get
- Access to training to help you progress your skills and career
- Flexible working
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Option to ‘buy’ 10 days more holiday
- Discount vouchers for various retail outlets
- Annual performance related bonus scheme
Click apply today and send us your CV along with a portfolio, or portfolio link.
Please note: To help us do the right thing by our members, all applicants will be subject to a criminal record and credit checks.