Senior Enterprise Architect - Applications
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £54,231 - £88,126
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 23/01/2019
- Ref R001900834
• Passionate about technology and IT architecture? We are looking for “hands-on” experienced technical application architects based at our Head Office in Swindon. Just an hour from London by train with generous relocation package available
• Competitive Salary that will reflect your experience
• Send in your application by 23rd January 2019.
Nationwide is investing in building the bank of the future and driving agility at scale as part of our business strategy. This means we’re embarking on a new chapter in our architectural thinking, looking at innovative new architectures based around technologies such as Apache Kafka, stream processing, NoSQL Databases, Microservices, Containerisation, Kubernetes, Istio etc.
To build this new vision, we’re looking to recruit a number of Senior Enterprise Architects who have a passion for technology, a proven track record working on large and complex deliveries and the skills needed to turn high-level strategies into real-world, deliverables architectures.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
• Have strong skills in multiple relevant technologies
• Be confident explaining architectural thinking in front of a whiteboard
• Strong skills in designing architectures for performance and resilience
• Have experience of enterprise and solution architecture
• Have experience of collaborative working environments
• Be passionate about architecture, technology and new developments in your domain
• Be able to lead workstreams in the creation of reference architectural assets.
• Be a team player with a proactive approach to technical challenges, ability to think outside the box and challenge conventions with a can-do attitude.
It would be nice if you also some of the following:
• Good working knowledge of application security
• Have a thorough understanding of architecture delivery.
• Experience with iOS and Android device architectures
• Experience in agile developments frameworks
• Experience in leveraging Cloud and Hybrid Cloud
• Experience of Micro Services and Event Based Architectures
• Experience in API design and development
• Experience in DevOps
What you'll be doing
Working across all business domains, you’ll be leading the adoption of new application technologies, architectures and vendor stacks across the society. Leading a team of experienced architects, confident and professional in liaising with all levels of stakeholders across the business and technology functions.
Able to lead by example and not afraid to get your hands dirty in order to achieve the best result for Nationwide. You’ll need to be good with people and be able to ask the right questions. You’ll need to find the options that are open to them and get the information across in a way they understand.
• Able to liaise with all levels of stakeholders to understand, clarify and challenge.
• Demonstrate the benefits of architecture across Nationwide
• Delivery focussed but able to appropriately challenge constraints
• Contribute towards the IT Strategy and roadmap, as an SME in multiple areas
• Create the vision and lead the production of
- End to end reference architectures
- Application Architecture patterns, principles, policies
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to a Healthcare scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
• Company car or allowance worth £4,656 per annum