Senior Operations Manager, Business Support
- Location Swindon Head Office, South West England
- Salary £53,694 - £87,253
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 29/05/2018
- Ref R001900559
- A Senior Operations Manager – Business Support, to work within our Document Management team, in Hawksworth, Swindon
- Salary £53,694 - £87,253 a year (dependent on skills, experience and current remuneration), based on a permanent, 35-hour week, contract.
- Please send in your application by 29th May 2018
Document Management are responsible for a wide range of critical services where doing the right thing in the right way is as important as ever. Therefore, governance oversight, controls management, continuous improvement and regulatory evidencing is increasing, an opportunity has arisen to join our newly formed Governance, Control and Business Support team within Document Management. You will also be part of an influential Senior Management Team, playing a key role in leading across large Operation.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
- Significant leadership experience in Operational management, Risk and Controls
- Significant experience of developing, implementing and managing governance and control frameworks within a significant operation.
- Expert knowledge of Continuous Improvement and Lean techniques, with knowledge of embedding a continuous improvement culture.
- Expert knowledge of governance issues, business risk management concepts and methodologies, and understanding of business risk developments
- An ability to challenge existing procedures and experience of influencing change at all levels.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to operational excellence and exploit the automation of processes and work flow wherever possible
- Have advanced problem-solving skills, commercially astute with a strong business focus and sound understanding of the internal/external issues facing service and sales across Document Management
- Proven ability to manage stakeholder relationships, and a strong ability to engage and influence across the group and at all levels.
- Have a successful track record in operational and change management at a senior level.
- Have the ability to understand multiple complex issues and lead/contribute to strategic debate
- Have excellent communication, technical, analytical, interpersonal and influencing skills to forge productive relationships across the Group & with external ‘players’.
- A proven track record of superior performance, leadership & people management within a large customer facing channel or specialist contact centre environment.
It would be nice (although not essential), if you also had:
- Education to at least degree level
- Experience of working for a Financial Services Organisation
What you'll be doing
You’ll lead and manage the areas Risk, Control and Governance function, and will be accountable for adherence to “First line of defence” Risk framework, acting as the “internal independent conscience” of the operational area.
You’ll lead the effective embedding and delivery of frameworks relating to regulatory/operational governance and risk, controls, route to competency and quality.
The scope of the role includes oversight of all governance frameworks and processes relevant to the operational area, compliance activity management and incident management.
All activities will be planned, prioritised and executed in agreement with the relevant functional Head and aligned to Document Management strategic objectives. You will be responsible for programmes in alignment with realising the strategic vision.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to a Healthcare scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
- Company car or allowance worth £4,656