Specialist Support Contact Consultant - 6 Fixed Term Contract
- Location Optimus, England
- Salary £16,033 - £23,158
- Contract type Fixed Term Contract
- Closing date 24/10/2018
- Ref R002203146
• Specialist Support Telephone Consultants based in Optimus, Swindon
• £16,033 - £23,158 per year based on current salary
• 35 hours a week on a full-time 6-month secondment.
• Monday - Friday (9am - 5pm) with occasional Saturday mornings (9am – 1pm).
• Send in your application by 24th October
Following the Specialist Support Service’s success over the past 2 years we are now looking to see how we can further enhance the support to our members through recruiting Telephone Consultants.
Who we're looking for
Being a people person is key, you'll be answering calls from our customers in relation to new and existing support that is needed, dealing with enquiries and making referrals to colleagues where required. You’ll often be the individual who first makes contact with our vulnerable customers, so you'll need to listen and understand their needs by asking the right questions and communicate clearly to the customer, so they understand what is on offer to them through the services of the Specialist Support Managers.
As a minimum requirement
• Have a background in Customer Service
• Telephone Experience
• Understanding of how internal processes and systems operate
• Highly proactive, able to make key decisions when under pressure and escalate where appropriate
• Ability to differentiate between advice and guidance
• High emotional resilience and emotional intelligence
• Demonstrate a high degree of empathy and understanding in extremely sensitive situations. Building the trust of the customer and/or carer
• Excellent oral and written communication
• Good organisational awareness
What you'll be doing
• Responding to calls and contact from vulnerable customers, with a high degree of empathy and sensitive questioning to identify the customer’s individual needs.
• Identify when expert collaboration is appropriate, and guiding the customer to these sources of help, either internal or external support networks and charities.
• Providing information and guidance to customers and colleagues to help them make informed decisions about their product offering with the Society, without straying into real or implied advice.
The extras you'll get
When you put a lot in, we think it’s only fair that you should get a lot out. That's why in addition to your salary, you'll be rewarded with a host of other benefits:
• 24 days’ holiday + bank holidays
• The ability to ‘buy’ another 10 days’ holiday
• Benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to loads of training to help you progress and develop your career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.