Customer Service Advisor
- Location Northampton Administration Centre, East Midlands
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 30/11/2018
- Ref R002203159
• Customer Service Advisers in our PPI department based in Northampton
• £16,000 to £21,756 (depending on current salary/banding)
• Permanent role initially based within the PPI Telephony team. The role will eventually provide the opportunity to transition to a Customer Consultant in one of our Contact Centres, once the PPI work is complete
It’s easy to misunderstand what Nationwide is like. Why? Because we’re not like a bank. We’re not like other financial services companies. We’re not really even like other contact centres. We have some things that we genuinely believe in, not only as a business but as individuals too. We believe in helping our members, in supporting our colleagues, in making sure that everyone who has a connection with Nationwide feels like they belong to something unique. After all, we’re a building society. So we’re building our ‘society’ with a sense of community and with a collective belief in the idea that we’re all here to help each other. That’s what we’re all about and that’s what makes us different.
Who we're looking for
Who we’re looking for is important, because you need to be a lot like us. To fit in at Nationwide, you’ll share our belief in helping others. Especially in this role. You need to be a wonderful, natural listener and communicator, the kind of person who can empathise with a member, understand what they want and work out what to do next. Some calls can be challenging, so you’ve also got to be able to take a step back, be resilient and professional, and keep striving to find the right answer even when the pressure is on. You don’t need to have worked in a contact centre before, because we’ll provide all the training you need. What’s most important is that you bring energy and enjoyment into work with you every day, taking real pride in helping our members get the outcome they need from every call.
As a minimum requirement, you’ll:
• Be able to demonstrate the right customer attitudes to deliver a great outcome for our members
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to explain decisions confidently and clearly over the telephone.
• Excellent listening and strong negotiation skills to ensure an appropriate outcome
• Be competent in using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
• Be member focused and be able to effectively build relationships
• Have good attention to detail and proactive in identifying any issues or future improvements
• Be able to focus on a number of concurrent demands and deal with changing demands quickly and efficiently
What you'll be doing
You’ll focus on delivering the best outcomes for our members by responding to members queries, and processing financial and non-financial Customer Information and Requests in accordance with operational procedures and our PRIDE values and behaviours. Daily you’ll;
• Understand the customer needs and process customer instructions and applications within agreed service levels and quality expectations.
• Ensure all internal and external customer contact whether verbal or written is handled with integrity
• Work in other areas of the business as and when required by business needs.
• Identify improvements that could deliver value to the business and improve the customer experience
• Actively display PRIDE behaviours to deliver key objectives
• Fully adhere to all regulatory standards in addition to acting in accordance with the GDPR & Information Security Policies
• Understand and meet your responsibilities by demonstrating an awareness of risk management
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
- Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
- Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
- Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
- Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme