Team Manager -Northampton - 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Location Northampton Administration Centre, East Midlands
- Salary £30,204 - £43,628
- Contract type Fixed Term Contract
- Closing date 23/01/2019
- Ref R002203317
- Team Manager in Telephony (Contract Centre).
- Location: Northampton Admin Centre
- £30,204 - £43,628 a year on a 6 month Fixed Term Contract, working 35 hour week contract with a shift and weekend working pattern.
We’re not like a bank. We’re not like other financial services companies. We’re not really even like other contact centres. We’re a building society. So we’re building our ‘society’ with a sense of community and with a collective belief in the idea that we’re all here to help each other. That’s what we’re all about and that’s what makes us different.
Who we're looking for
Direct Service is a fast-paced environment that demands a flexible, dynamic approach. It’s perfect for someone who loves to motivate others, coach individuals and see their team develop. Experience of managing and leading a high performance team with challenging targets, gained in a similar type of customer-focused environment, is essential. Above all, you will be focused on supporting your team to achieve goals, create great customer experiences and realise their own career potential.
As a minimum requirement you’ll:
• Have experience in managing and leading a team.
• Have experience working within a contact centre environment.
• Have a highly professional attitude.
• Have an excellent communication style, enabling your team to effectively absorb your messages and those you are asked to cascade.
• Be positive, motivated with an inspirational approach to get the best out of your team.
• Be comfortable with tackling difficult situations and use your performance management skills to resolve issues.
• Have the ability to use data to develop creative solutions that improve performance within deadlines.
• Have a passion for customer service and with an analytical mind always seek to improve the service being provided.
• Proven track record in coaching and development in operational performance
It would be nice if you:
• Have the ability to provide fresh thinking and creative solutions in order to help evolve our business to achieve a competitive edge.
• Have experience in providing strong management and leadership to a customer focussed team in a contact centre environment.
What you'll be doing
Telephony Service is a challenging environment where things move quickly and you will be part of the management team charged with providing the great customer service that is crucial to Nationwide. You will need a strong focus on business controls, people management and process improvement and you will be expected to deliver a range of challenging business objectives.
You’ll drive efficiency through excellent operational and leadership skills. You’ll work as part of a team that shares resource and experience, driven by a passion to put the customer at the centre of our decision making. Motivating and encouraging team members through daily buzz sessions, floor walking & team meetings and actively promoting teamwork within your own team and across the wider department.
You'll be leading a team within the contact centre that will respond to Mortgage and Banking calls from our members. The key to the success of this role will be supporting the growth and development of team members through creating a motivational work environment where individuals are encouraged to reach their full potential, coordinating training needs, improving performance as required and delivering great leadership through clear and honest communication.
You will be expected to ensure a high proportion of your customers leave extremely satisfied. In addition, you’ll be proactive in helping the department deliver its service levels and maintaining the required compliance standards within your team.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme