- Location Swindon Head Office, England
- Salary £42,370 - £61,201
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 26/04/2019
- Ref R002500138
• Opportunity Lead – The Analytics Hub, Data & Analytics Community
• £42,000 to £61,000 per annum plus bonus and benefits on a permanent, 35-hour contract
• Send in your application by 26th April 2019
The Analytics Hub sits in a new data led community and provides analytic and data science-based solutions to all areas of the organisation from Proposition Development, Financial Crime, Digital Strategy and Retail through to our Process Improvement functions. Our content solves real business problems through advanced and innovative uses of data to improve services, products and customer experience as well as drive efficiency and profitability of the Society.
Data is our most valuable asset and there has never been a more exciting time to be part of a multi-skilled Analytics Hub in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Nationwide is investing heavily in its data and analytics capabilities and people to help drive value for our members and support the Society’s strategy and aspirations. The Analytics Hub is central to creating this transformation.
Who we're looking for
We’re looking for an Opportunity Lead – with excellent organisational skills and a strong appreciation of analytics – to join a team of people passionate about innovating and driving value from data. You’ll be leading opportunity sprints, from the development of hypotheses, data sourcing and modelling stages, through to the final reporting of findings and articulating the benefits of these to the business. You’ll be responsible for the day-to-day running of the sprint team – for example by running daily stand-ups, resolving issues and removing blockers – as well as ensuring the sprint reaches its intended outcomes and reporting this back to your stakeholders.
To achieve this, we are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive individual that will bring fresh ideas and methods to the current team.
As a minimum, you’ll:
• Be a great communicator and adept at telling a story with data
• Have managed project or sprint teams
• Have a strong awareness of data and analytics and / or a track-record of using data to identify improvement opportunities
• Be adept at end to end analytical pieces of work, bringing the output to life through compelling story -telling to ensure business adoption
• Be good at building relationships with people across the business, ensuring you understand their requirements, and able to articulate these to the sprint team
• Be tenacious in pursuing sprint goals and have a proven track record of delivering projects to time and quality
• Demonstrate leadership capabilities
• Have a numerate degree or equivalent experience
• Be innovative, creative and agile, and able to learn fast along the way
What you'll be doing
You will be working within the centre of excellence of a hub-and-spoke data science team in an Opportunity Lead role. This will involve you picking-up and running with new analytics use cases that have been identified and agreed through the team’s engagement activities. You will need to collaborate with the appropriate stakeholders to agree the detail of the sprints – in terms of hypotheses to test and the desired sprint outcomes – and then work with the sprint team to agree in detail how we will use the data available to answer these hypotheses, by the creation of high-quality, trusted analysis models.
As well as contributing to delivery, you will also be the go-to member of the sprint team as far as stakeholders are concerned. As the sprints progress, you will ensure everyone in the team knows what they are doing on a day-to-day basis to work through the plan which you will be responsible for creating and managing through to conclusion. You will be using the Analytics Hub’s delivery methodology to guide you, as well as working collaboratively with multiple capabilities within the Hub team to deliver on these opportunities.
This role involves building and strengthening relationships with your stakeholders, keeping them updated and raising risks and issues with them, and resolving these with support from others in the Hub team. It is important that you are comfortable working with business stakeholders and leaders, creating compelling data- driven stories to support your outputs and findings. This includes showcasing your successes and demonstrating the art of the possible. The demand for deliverable insight through the application of analytics techniques is ever increasing and you will have significant scope to grow with the role.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So, if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.