Content Design Manager
- Location Swindon, Bristol, South West England
- Salary £50,337 - £72,709
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 05/06/2018
- Ref R002201258
Join our expanding Studio based Content Design Team and help us deliver exceptional content-led experiences…..
- Bristol (M&DE Design Studio) or Swindon as base location
- Up to £72,709 (depending on experience) + Competitive benefits package
- Please submit a portfolio/portfolio link with your CV
As the Mobile & Digital Experience (M&DE) team, we’re specialists, who define and create member-focused experiences across all digital products. Every day, more than 100 design, technology and delivery experts collaborate on our most complex digital challenges. The single purpose is to make things simpler, more convenient and more efficient for our members.
Right now, we need an experienced Content Design Manager who’ll focus obsessively on our members: who they are, what they need and what motivates them. We need someone who is meticulous about research and data. And has extensive experience leading and collaborating with visual and experience designers, project managers, techs and stakeholders to deliver class-leading member experiences.
You’ll shape content’s role across a wide range of digital projects. You’ll support and influence senior stakeholders, and champion content design across the business. Comfortable leading multiple projects, you’ll make sure we get the right content in the right place at the right time. A skilled mentor, you’ll share your knowledge and experience in ways that encourage your team and continually raise the quality bar.
We’ve also opened an Experience Design Studio in Bristol – a key building block of our digital ambition. Designed to support collaborative working and true user-centred design, we’re building one of the best in-house spaces in the southwest. Its sole purpose is to better understand people’s needs, so we can design industry-leading experiences for our customers, members and colleagues.
So, there's never been a better time to join us...
Who we're looking for
- Demonstrable experience researching, designing and crafting content-led experiences in fast-paced, commercial environment
- Experience in leading or managing in-house and freelance content designers – either agency or client side
- Proven experience of successful management and delivery of content design and copywriting elements of medium-to-large projects
- Excellent career record in the consumer retail or banking space, with a proven track record of commercially evaluating, scoping and shaping online services and process and a strong portfolio of digital content and copywriting work
- Exceptional commercial awareness, strategic thinking and an ability to deliver customer-focused content
- Experience leading multidisciplinary teams
- Exceptional influencing skills
What you'll be doing
You’ll be across everything: research, analytics, insight, writing, testing. You’ll champion our members and tell stories that cast them as the hero on every page. Collaborating with managers of other Studio disciplines, you’ll oversee compelling digital experiences and ensure what we agree with our senior stakeholders is what we deliver. You’ll also represent our studio at events throughout our business, as well as at relevant external events.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, we strive for work life balance and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.