Content Design Manager
- Location Swindon, Bristol, South West England
- £50,337 - £72,709
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 26/03/2018
- Ref R002201258
- Content Design Manager, based in Bristol with travel to Swindon
- Up to £72,709 (depending on experience)
- Competitive benefits package
- Permanent role working 35-hour week
- Please submit a portfolio/portfolio link with your CV
What started with Charles Cooper’s quiet revolution of 1884 – to help ordinary people buy their own homes – has grown into the Nationwide Building Society of today.
We have one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry, and continue to be voted the UK’s most trusted financial services brand.
We’re owned by our members, so their needs are at the heart of everything we do. To support them digitally, we have a clear strategy backed by a significant commitment to transform our technology platforms and the products and services we provide.
To help us deliver exceptional content-led experiences, we’re looking for a Content Design Manager.
Who we're looking for
We need a Content Design Manager who’ll focus obsessively on our members: who they are, what they need and what motivates them. We need someone who is meticulous about research and data. And has extensive experience leading and collaborating with visual and experience designers, project managers, techs and stakeholders to deliver class-leading member experiences.
Join us and you’ll shape content’s role across a wide range of digital projects. You’ll support and influence senior stakeholders, and champion content design across the business. Comfortable leading multiple projects, you’ll make sure we get the right content in the right place at the right time. A skilled mentor, you’ll share your knowledge and experience in ways that encourage your team and continually raise the quality bar.
At a minimum you’ll have:
- Demonstrable experience researching, designing and crafting content-led experiences in fast-paced, commercial environment
- Experience in leading or managing in-house and freelance content designers – either agency or client side
- Proven experience of successful management and delivery of content design and copywriting elements of medium-to-large projects
- Excellent career record in the consumer retail or banking space, with a proven track record of commercially evaluating, scoping and shaping online services and process and a strong portfolio of digital content and copywriting work
- Exceptional commercial awareness, strategic thinking and an ability to deliver customer-focused content
- Experience leading multidisciplinary teams
- Exceptional influencing skills
What you'll be doing
You’ll be across everything: research, analytics, insight, writing, testing. You’ll champion our members and tell stories that cast them as the hero on every page. Collaborating with managers of other Studio disciplines, you’ll oversee compelling digital experiences and ensure what we agree with our senior stakeholders is what we deliver. You’ll also represent our studio at events throughout our business, as well as at relevant external events.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.