Digital Project Manager
- Location Swindon, Bristol, England
- Salary £41,951 - £60,596
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 29/05/2018
- Ref R002202715
- Digital PMs / Senior Delivery Leads
- £41,951 - £60,596 (depending on current package + experience)
- To be based at our Bristol Office or our Head Offices in Swindon
At Nationwide, Mobile & Digital is an expanding, innovative part of the Society, where we’re committed to grow and develop our digital estate. We do this to deliver legendary service to our members: namely across Mobile Banking, Internet Banking and nationwide.co.uk. That’s no mean feat! And with ambitious objectives to grow our digitally active user base, we’re ultimately driven by a desire to design, transform and implement user-focused Digital Services and Products that excite and engage our 15 million members, and make it easier and more efficient for colleagues to serve members.
We now have several key opportunities for experienced ‘Senior Delivery Leads’ (‘Digital Project Managers’) to join our Mobile & Digital Experience team (M&DE), based at our Studio in Bristol or Swindon (with possible travel between both). Everyone in the M&DE team is a specialist - we have a brilliant concoction of content, user experience and visual designers. These multi-disciplinary teams research member and colleague journeys from end to end and obsessively test and optimise core journeys and experiences.
So, in this highly collaborative role, you’ll project lead a high-performing multi-disciplined team to deliver to brief, on time and on budget. You’ll be a champion of our creative experience design output, that enhances our member and colleague experiences, whilst balancing their user needs against business goals and technology capabilities. In a nutshell you’ll be responsible for leading a multi-disciplined digital team, through a chosen delivery process, covering the full project lifecycle.
Who we're looking for
To succeed you’ll need to have a demonstrable track record of project managing within a fast-paced commercial and creative digital environment/similar agency experience. You’ll be adept at coordinating and leading teams of designers and developers and comfortable managing concurrent projects. It’s vital you have a customer centric approach, excellent communication and collaboration skills, teamwork, persuasion and cross-team diplomacy! You’ll possess equal enthusiasm for high-level strategic planning and tactical daily execution. Ideally Agile certified and/or experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
What you'll be doing
- Ownership of the delivery process, providing regular insight and recommendations back into your Discipline, Business Leads and the Planning function to drive smarter ways of working and increase capacity of the M&DE function.
- Managing financial aspects of projects, understanding the business impact of any costs or time changes on projects. Complete high quality, accurate and consistent weekly reporting.
- Accountable for your delivery team’s efficiency and ensuring effective use of resources.
- Working with Product Owners, Business Leads and key stakeholders to drive quality and efficiency in project delivery.
- Ensuring that the strategic objectives and problem statements are understood, clearly articulated to the team.
- Taking responsibility for ensuring that all risks, issues and dependencies are identified, taking suitable steps to mitigate or prevent these.
- Inspire and lead your team in order to deliver a portfolio of projects.
- Mentor and coach more junior Delivery Leads.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.