Performance Reporting Consultant
- Location Swindon, England
- Salary £41,951 - £60,596
- Contract type Fixed Term Contract
- Closing date 30/05/2018
- Ref R002202867
We’re looking for:
• A Performance Reporting Consultant based in our Swindon office
• This is a Fixed Term Contract opportunity of up to 9 months
• Salary range is £41,951 - £60,596 (dependant on skills and experience)
As Performance Reporting Consultant you will be the recognised expert in digital performance metrics and performance reporting. You’ll be accountable for delivering performance insight and recommendations through regular reporting and getting the organisation to act on these, leading to increased business value. You will influence decision making, so will need to have good working relationships with key Senior Digital stakeholders, as well as third party consultants/analysts.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum you’ll:
• Have strong thought leadership and expertise in performance reporting and delivery of digital operational insight
• Have proven web analytics and business performance analysis experience, working in the e-commerce division of a large scale consumer retail organisation.
• Be highly analytical, with the ability to analyse and interpret web analytics and other digital channel data; extrapolating trends and identifying issues and potential improvements to the web site user experience, conversion funnels, campaigns, propositions and marketing plans.
• Have a proven commercial awareness; including knowledge of Digital Marketing, e-Commerce & Digital Self-Service. Digital awareness, including usability and devices.
• Possess strong planning and organising skills. Have the ability to multi-task, prioritise tasks and produce insightful, relevant and reliable analysis and reports in a deadline orientated work environment.
• Have strong communication and influencing skills; able to interact and present detailed analysis to suit your audience
What you'll be doing
As Performance Reporting Consultant you will be recognised as an expert in digital performance metrics and performance reporting. You will be responsible for scoping, sourcing and designing a suite of reports, to provide the Mobile and Digital community with a clear view of performance. proactively analysing data and other relevant data (e.g. on-site customer feedback, market trends and competitor information) to identify opportunities for driving up online business volumes, improving digital customer satisfaction and enhancing digital sales & self-service propositions
You will make recommendations for action, ensuring these are accepted and implemented by the business and tracking the additional value they deliver. Engaging with internal customers to define reporting requirements & business questions to be answered; you will deliver the analysis & insight in an engaging presentation; ensuring customers’ needs are being met
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.