Senior Content Designer
- Location Swindon, Bristol, South West England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 05/06/2018
- Ref R002201259
An exciting time to join our expanding Studio based Content Design Team and help us deliver exceptional content-led experiences - right content, right place, right time......
- A Senior Content Designer
- Bristol (M&DE Design Studio) or Swindon as base location
- Up to £55,380 (depending on experience) + Competitive benefits package
- Please submit a portfolio/portfolio link with your CV
As the Mobile & Digital Experience (M&DE) team, we’re specialists, who define and create member-focused experiences across all digital products. Every day, more than 100 design, technology and delivery experts collaborate on our most complex digital challenges. The single purpose is to make things simpler, more convenient and more efficient for our members.
You'll be a Senior Content Designer who’ll focus obsessively on our members: who they are, what they need and what motivates them. We need someone who is forensic about data and evidence. And has experience collaborating with visual and experience designers, project managers, techs and stakeholders to create class-leading member experiences. You'll work closely with the Content Design Manager in shaping content’s role across a wide range of digital projects. It goes without saying, this means getting the right content in the right place at the right time. You’ll also know how and when to stand up for what’s right – in ways that keep everyone on the same page!
In support of our digital ambition, we've opened an Experience Design Studio in Bristol – Designed to support collaborative working and true user-centred design, we’re building one of the best in-house spaces in the southwest. Its sole purpose is to better understand people’s needs, so we can design industry-leading experiences for our customers, members and colleagues.
So, there's never been a better time to join us...
Who we're looking for
As a minimum you’ll have...
- Demonstrable experience researching, designing and crafting content-led experiences in fast-paced, commercial environments (agency or
- Proven experience of successfully managing and delivering content elements of small-to-medium-sized projects
- A strong portfolio of outstanding copywriting and/or examples that support your content design experience
- A good balance of commercial awareness, strategic thinking and customer obsession
- Experience working within multidisciplinary teams, as well as on your own
- Excellent influencing skills
What you'll be doing
Research, analytics, insight, writing, testing. You’ll be part of everything. The creative linchpin in every project, you’ll define needs, wants, motivations and actions, then create compelling narratives that bring our stories to life. Collaborating with other Studio disciplines, your job is to create digital experiences that rival the world’s best – in any industry.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.