Senior Content Designer
- Location Swindon, Bristol, South West England
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 04/04/2018
- Ref R002201259
• Senior Content Designer
• Salary £41,951 to £60,596 (depending on experience)
• Competitive benefits package
• Permanent role working 35-hour week
• Please submit a portfolio/portfolio link with your CV
What started with Charles Cooper’s quiet revolution of 1884 – to help ordinary people buy their own homes – has grown into the Nationwide Building Society of today.
We have one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry, and continue to be voted the UK’s most trusted financial services brand.
We’re owned by our members, so their needs are at the heart of everything we do. To support them digitally, we have a clear strategy backed by a significant commitment to transform our technology platforms and the products and services we provide.
To help us deliver exceptional content-led experiences, we’re looking for a Senior Content Designer.
Who we're looking for
We need a Senior Content Designer who’ll focus obsessively on our members: who they are, what they need and what motivates them. We need someone who is forensic about data and evidence. And has experience collaborating with visual and experience designers, project managers, techs and stakeholders to create class-leading member experiences.
Join us and you’ll support our Content Design Manager in shaping content’s role across a wide range of digital projects. You’ll know this means getting the right content in the right place at the right time. You’ll also know how and when to stand up for what’s right – in ways that keep everyone on the same page.
At a minimum you’ll have:
• Demonstrable experience researching, designing and crafting content-led experiences in fast-paced, commercial environments (ideally, but not essentially, in banking or financial services)
• Proven experience of successfully managing and delivering content elements of small-to-medium-sized projects
• A strong portfolio of outstanding copywriting and/or examples that support your content design experience
• A good balance of commercial awareness, strategic thinking and customer obsession
• Experience working within multidisciplinary teams, as well as on your own
• Excellent influencing skills
What you'll be doing
Research, analytics, insight, writing, testing. You’ll be part of everything. The creative linchpin in every project, you’ll define needs, wants, motivations and actions, then create compelling narratives that bring our stories to life. Collaborating with other Studio disciplines, your job is to create digital experiences that rival the world’s best – in any industry.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.