Senior Delivery Lead - Open-ended and Temporary roles available
- Location Swindon, Bristol, England
- £41,951 - £60,596
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 28/03/2018
- Ref R002202715
- 5 Senior Delivery Leads (open-ended and 12 month FTC opportunities available)
- £41,951 - £60,596 (depending on current package + experience)
- To be based at our Bristol Office or our Head Offices in Swindon
Mobile & Digital
Mobile & Digital is an impressive part of the Society where we are committed to run, grow, mature and develop our digital estate. We do this to deliver legendary service to our members across Mobile Banking, Internet Banking, ATMs, nationwide.co.uk, Video and workforce management, Digital Workplace, our online application systems and APIs. That’s no mean feat!
We have ambitious objectives as we look to grow our digital active user base, consistently deliver legendary service by making things easier for our members to do online, provide services available 24/7 365 days a year, constantly deliver new and exciting propositions and ensure we have a well-run, well controlled and efficient channel.
There’s several great opportunities within Mobile & Digital just now, that will help us achieve our purpose; to design, implement and run a set of Digital Products that excite and engage our members, and make it easier and more efficient for colleagues to serve members.
Mobile & Digital Experience
We define and create member-focused experiences across all digital products. Every day, more than 100 design, technology and delivery experts collaborate on our most complex digital challenges. Their single purpose is to make things simpler, more convenient and more efficient for our members.
Everyone in the M&DE team is a specialist. And they’re all here for the same reason – we have a shared belief in designing the right things the right way. That might mean making websites work harder, apps more intuitive or social more … well, social.
Working in multi-discipline teams, we research member and colleague journeys from end to end. We work on ideas that’ll transform our products and services. We obsessively test and optimise core journeys and experiences. And we do all this with our members (and our colleagues) at the forefront of our minds.
The work we do makes M&DE central to Mobile & Digital, and a key part of our Relationships & Distribution community. Pan out a little further and you’ll see how we’re a vital interconnection to a society of more than 18,000 employees – most of whom are members, too.
Who we're looking for
A highly passionate and creative project manager with a proven delivery track record.
You’ll be a champion of our creative experience design output, providing design solutions that enhance our member and colleague experiences, whilst balancing their user needs against business goals and technology capabilities. You will be expected to rise to design challenges and meet them with excellent design communication, you will work as part of the Mobile and Digital Experience Design team, leading a high-performing multi-disciplined team to deliver to brief, on time and on budget. To succeed you will need to be somebody who is comfortable with resistance and reluctance to embrace new ways of working, and know the right way to engage and communicate to show benefits.
As a minimum you’ll:
- Be experienced project managing within a fast-paced commercial and creative digital environment/similar agency experience.
- Demonstrated experience of coordinating and leading multi-disciplined teams of designers and developers in rapidly evolving environments.
- Comfortable managing concurrent projects in a fast-based, results-driven environment.
- Equal enthusiasm for high-level strategic planning and tactical daily execution.
- Agile certification and/or experience working in an Agile/Scrum product development methodology preferred.
- You care passionately about the users you are designing for, wanting to design the best solution for our members and colleagues. You have the ability to simplify complex design requirements into component parts and systematically evaluate them.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, teamwork, persuasion and cross-team diplomacy are essential.
- Take ownership for managing financial aspects of projects, understanding the business impact of any costs or time changes on projects. Complete high quality, accurate and consistent weekly finance reporting.
- Willingness to work out of our Bristol and Swindon offices.
What you'll be doing
In a nutshell you’ll be responsible for leading a multi-disciplined digital team, through a chosen delivery process, covering the full project lifecycle.
You’ll do this through the following activities:
- Ownership of the delivery process (helping evolve it as required), providing regular insight and recommendations back into your Discipline, Business Leads and the Planning function to drive smarter ways of working and increase capacity of the Mobile and Digital Experience function.
- Being accountable for your delivery team’s budget.
- Being accountable for your delivery team’s efficiency and ensuring effective use of resources.
- Working with the Product Owner and Business Lead to take ownership of driving quality and efficiency in project delivery.
- Ensuring that strategic objectives and problem statements are understood, clearly articulated and keep the team aligned on these at all times.
- Establishing close working relationships with the Product Owner and Business Lead on projects.
- Ensuring that the strategic objectives and problem statements are understood, clearly articulated to the team.
- Ensuring project delivery is planned and straightforward, anticipating and resolving problems wherever possible.
- Taking responsibility for ensuring that all risks associated with the projects are identified (both project and operational), and that issues, dependencies and pinch-points within the various projects are also identified, taking suitable steps to mitigate or prevent these as necessary prior to onward escalation.
- Creating, coaching and driving a delivery focused environment.
- Being seen as an exemplar for leading and shaping collaborative working across projects.
- Being seen as an impactful role model for more junior Delivery Leads in order to deliver a portfolio of projects, covering the full project lifecycle within .co.uk, Branch, ATM and other to time, cost and quality expectations.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.