Senior Digital Designer
- Location Swindon, Bristol, South West England
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 25/03/2018
- Ref R002202049
- A Senior Digital Designer
- £41,951 - £60,596 (depending on current package + experience)
- Location at either our Swindon, Bristol or Threadneedle Street office (to be discussed – current location will be taken into consideration)
- Permanent opportunity
- Please provide a portfolio of your work to date to support your application
Mobile & Digital is an impressive part of the Society where are committed to run, grow, mature and develop our digital estate. We do this to deliver legendary service to our members across Mobile Banking, Internet Banking, ATMs, nationwide.co.uk, Video and workforce management, Digital Workplace, our online application systems and APIs. That’s no mean feat!
We have ambitious objectives as we look to grow our digital active user base, consistently deliver legendary service by making things easier for our members to do online, provide services available 24/7 365 days a year, constantly deliver new and exciting propositions and ensure we have a well-run, well controlled and efficient channel.
There’s several great opportunities within Mobile & Digital just now, that will help us achieve our purpose; to design, implement and run a set of Digital Products that excite and engage our members, and make it easier and more efficient for colleagues to serve members.
The Mobile & Digital Experience (M&DE) team
We define and create member-focused experiences across all digital products. Every day, more than 100 design, technology and delivery experts collaborate on our most complex digital challenges. Their single purpose is to make things simpler, more convenient and more efficient for our members.
Everyone in the M&DE team is a specialist. And they’re all here for the same reason – we have a shared belief in designing the right things the right way. That might mean making websites work harder, apps more intuitive or social more … well, social.
Working in multi-discipline teams, we research member and colleague journeys from end to end. We work on ideas that’ll transform our products and services. We obsessively test and optimise core journeys and experiences. And we do all this with our members (and our colleagues) at the forefront of our minds.
The work we do makes M&DE central to Mobile & Digital, and a key part of our Relationships & Distribution community. Pan out a little further and you’ll see how we’re a vital interconnection to a society of more than 18,000 employees – most of whom are members, too.
Who we're looking for
You will be someone who’s used to working closely and collaboratively with in-house creative, product, proposition, content and commercial teams to realise the strategic objectives of the business.
As a minimum you’ll have –
- Extensive experience of digital design
- Recent experience in a visual design role
- Significant and demonstrable experience of designing experiences and services
- A detailed knowledge of visual and interaction design and the ability to use the appropriate methods, activities and tools to create delightful experiences and services
- The ability to bring things to life in different ways – we like to realise ideas at speed and have a culture that supports rapid and iterative create, test and learn
- An unerring attention to detail and a keenness to become a master of your craft – your deliverables are held up as examples of how things should be done
- Developed skills in identifying opportunities to enhance experiences and be able to use your influencing skills to ensure we design the right things, the right way
- A desire to share your design capabilities with those around you and develop more junior members of the team
- An aptitude for storytelling and presenting your ideas and opinions in a thoughtful and engaging way
What you'll be doing
You’ll use your expertise in visual and interaction design to create experiences that engage and solve the needs of those that come into contact with them.
- Be involved in customer research to uncover the problems our customers and colleagues are facing, instrumental in identifying opportunities and shape the direction of new experiences
- Be accountable for consistency, creativity and design integrity
- Ensure our standards and principles are adhered to at all times, raising challenges to senior team members where appropriate to make sure they evolve and are iterated
- Help curate the Nationwide visual and interaction design pattern libraries and guidelines
- Share your opinions and experiences. And work tirelessly to drive up the quality and craft in everything you and those around you deliver
- Help to upskill more junior members of the team
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.