Senior UX Designer
- Location Swindon, Bristol, England
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 26/03/2018
- Ref R002202053
• A Senior UX Designer to join the Mobile & Digital Experience team
• Based at either our Head Office in Swindon, Bristol or Threadneedle Street, London, with travel between locations
• £41,951 - £60,380 dependent on skills and experience + competitive benefits package
• Please submit your portfolio (a file or a link) along with your CV to complement your application
The Mobile & Digital Experience (M&DE) team define and create member-focused experiences across all digital products. Every day, more than 100 design, technology and delivery experts collaborate on our most complex digital challenges. Their single purpose is to make things simpler, more convenient and more efficient for our members.
Everyone in the M&DE team is a specialist. And they’re all here for the same reason – we have a shared belief in designing the right things the right way. That might mean making websites work harder, apps more intuitive or social more … well, social.
Working in multi-discipline teams, we research member and colleague journeys from end to end. We work on ideas that’ll transform our products and services. We obsessively test and optimise core journeys and experiences. And we do all this with our members (and our colleagues) at the forefront of our minds.
The work we do makes M&DE central to Mobile & Digital, and a key part of our Relationships & Distribution community. Pan out a little further and you’ll see how we’re a vital interconnection to a society of more than 18,000 employees – most of whom are members, too.
Right now, we’re looking for a creative Senior UX Designer to join our team.
Who we're looking for
• Significant and demonstrable experience of researching, defining and designing experiences and services - preferably with big name clients in a studio or agency environment
• A detailed knowledge of UX and User-Centred Design practices and the ability to use the appropriate methods, activities and tools to create useful and delightful experiences and services
• The ability to bring ideas to life through sketching and using industry standard software/tools and language – we like to realise ideas at speed and have a culture that supports rapid and iterative create, test and learn
• An unerring attention to detail and a keenness to become a master of your craft – your deliverables are held up as examples of how things should be done
• A desire to share your experience design capabilities with those around you and develop the skills of more junior members of the team
• Strong influencing and collaboration skills having worked within a multi-disciplinary team and with stakeholders to define and shape the direction of projects undertaken
• Empathy and creativity in equal measures – your ability to understand people’s needs, behaviours and motivations, and knack for solving for their problems, is your super-power
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an aptitude for storytelling and presenting your ideas and opinions in a thoughtful and engaging way
What you'll be doing
Working as a key member of the multi-disciplinary M&DE team, you’ll conduct research to uncover the problems our customers and colleagues are facing. You’ll be instrumental in identifying opportunities and shaping the direction of solutions. And, by utilising your tried and tested UX design skills, be responsible for creating and delivering experiences and services that are engaging and solve the needs of those that interact with them.
You’ll have the benefit of being mentored and supervised by a UX Design Manager – they’ll ensure you make the most of your potential by developing and supporting you.
You’ll be sharing your opinions and experiences. And you’ll work tirelessly to drive up the quality in everything you and those around you deliver.