- Location Swindon, Bristol, South West England
- Salary £34,960 - £50,497
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 22/05/2018
- Ref R002202857
You will be a creative professional, who’s used to working closely and collaboratively within multi-discipline teams, comfortable in rationalising, educating and evidencing the benefits that design can bring to achieving the strategic objectives of the business....
• £34,960 - £50,497 (depending on current package + experience)
• Bristol (M&DE Design Studio) or Swindon base location
• Please provide a portfolio of your work to date to support your application
Here at Mobile & Digital, we're committed to run, grow, mature and develop our digital estate. We do this to deliver legendary service to our members across Mobile Banking, Internet Banking, ATMs, nationwide.co.uk, Video and workforce management, Digital Workplace, our online application systems and APIs. That’s no mean feat!
We have ambitious objectives as we look to grow our digital active user base, consistently deliver legendary service by making things easier for our members to do online, provide services available 24/7 365 days a year, constantly deliver new and exciting propositions and ensure we have a well-run, well controlled and efficient channel.
So there's never been a better time to join us...
As part of our expanding Mobile & Digital Experience (M&DE) team, you'll define and create member-focused experiences across all digital products. Every day, more than 100 design, technology and delivery experts collaborate on our most complex digital challenges. Their single purpose is to make things simpler, more convenient and more efficient for our members.
Everyone in the M&DE team is a specialist. And we're all here for the same reason – we have a shared belief in designing the right things the right way. That might mean making websites work harder, apps more intuitive or social more … well, social. And we can do this because we’re closer to stakeholders, process, data and insights than any agency ever could be. In short, we’re on the inside.
We’ve also opened an Experience Design Studio in Bristol – a key building block of our digital ambition. Designed to support collaborative working and true user-centred design, we’re building one of the best in-house spaces in the southwest. Its sole purpose is to better understand people’s needs, so we can design industry-leading experiences for our customers, members and colleagues.
Who we're looking for
As a minimum you’ll have –
- Digital Design experience in a 'Visual' or 'UI' role designing customer centric experiences and services
- A developing knowledge of visual and interaction design and the ability to use the appropriate methods, activities and tools to create delightful experiences and services
- The ability to bring things to life in different ways – we like to realise ideas at speed and have a culture that supports rapid and iterative create, test and learn
- An unerring attention to detail and a keenness to become a master of your craft
- The ability to identify and articulate opportunities to enhance experiences and be able to help us design the right things, the right way
- A desire to share your design capabilities with those around you
- An aptitude for storytelling and presenting your ideas and opinions in a thoughtful and engaging way
What you'll be doing
You’ll use your visual and interaction design to create experiences that engage and solve the needs of those that come into contact with them.
• Be involved in customer research to uncover the problems our customers and colleagues are facing, instrumental in identifying opportunities and shape the direction of new experiences
• Be accountable for consistency, creativity and design integrity
• Ensure our standards and principles are adhered to at all times, raising challenges to senior team members where appropriate to make sure they evolve and are iterated
• Help curate the Nationwide visual and interaction design pattern libraries and guidelines
• Share your opinions and experiences. And work tirelessly to drive up the quality and craft in everything you and those around you deliver
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, where we strive for work life balance and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.