- Location Swindon, Bristol, South West England
- Salary £35,309 - £51,002
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 10/10/2018
- Ref R002202857
- £34,960 - £50,497 (depending on current package + experience)
- Bristol (M&DE Design Studio) or Head Office Swindon as base location
- Please provide a portfolio of your work to date to support your application
Here at Nationwide, we have clear and ambitious objectives as we look to grow our digital active user base, by making things easier for our members to do online, provide services available 24/7 365 days a year, constantly deliver new and exciting propositions and ensure we have a well-run, well controlled and efficient channel. We’ll do this by continuing to deliver legendary service to our members namely across Mobile Banking, Internet Banking and nationwide.co.uk. That’s no mean feat and that’s where you come in…
Right now, we’re looking for an ambitious, talented UI/Visual Designer to join our expanding Mobile & Digital Experience team (M&DE). Created to provide in-house design expertise, support collaborative working and true user-centred design, we work out of one of the best in-house spaces in the South West (Bristol), as well as a fast paced, ‘Agile’ environment at Head Office in Swindon!
Working in multi-disciplinary teams, we research member and colleague journeys from end to end. We work on ideas that’ll transform our products and services. So, we’ll need your visual and interaction design skills to create experiences that engage and solve the needs of those that come into contact with them.
This won’t be your first UI Design role, but it’ll probably be your biggest step up! You’ll have the opportunity to truly hone your craft, learning from the design experts you’ll work with, play a part in industry leading digital initiatives and be exposed to great career development and prospects!
As part of our M&DE, you'll define and create member-focused experiences across all digital products. Every day, design, technology and delivery experts collaborate on our most complex digital challenges. Their single purpose is to make things simpler, more convenient and more efficient for our members. You’ll relish being a creative professional, working closely and collaboratively with in-house creative, product, proposition, content and commercial teams to realise the strategic objectives of the business and ultimately exceed member expectations.
Who we're looking for
In terms of skills and experience, you’ll have:
- Digital Design experience in a 'Visual' or 'UI' role designing customer centric experiences and services
- A developing knowledge of visual and interaction design and the ability to use the appropriate methods, activities and tools to create delightful experiences and services
- The ability to bring things to life in different ways – we like to realise ideas at speed and have a culture that supports rapid and iterative create, test and learn
- An unerring attention to detail and a keenness to become a master of your craft
- The ability to identify and articulate opportunities to enhance experiences and be able to help us design the right things, the right way
- A desire to share your design capabilities with those around you
- An aptitude for storytelling and presenting your ideas and opinions in a thoughtful and engaging way
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you…
What you'll be doing
- You’ll use your visual and interaction design to create experiences that engage and solve the needs of those that come into contact with them.
- Be involved in customer research to uncover the problems our customers and colleagues are facing, instrumental in identifying opportunities and shape the direction of new experiences
- Be accountable for consistency, creativity and design integrity
- Ensure our standards and principles are adhered to at all times, raising challenges to senior team members where appropriate to make sure they evolve and are iterated
- Help curate the Nationwide visual and interaction design pattern libraries and guidelines
- Share your opinions and experiences. And work tirelessly to drive up the quality and craft in everything you and those around you deliver
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, where we strive for work life balance and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.