UX Design Manager
- Location Swindon, Bristol, South West England
- Salary £50,337 - £72,709
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 22/05/2018
- Ref R002202822
Right now, we’re looking for an accomplished UX Design Manager to join our Studio team!
• Bristol (M&DE Design Studio) or Swindon as base location
• £50,337 - £72,709 dependent on skills and experience + competitive benefits package
• Please submit your portfolio (a file or a link) along with your CV to complement your application
The Hiring Manager for this role is Adam Plater
The Mobile & Digital Experience (M&DE) team define and create member-focused experiences across all digital products. Every day, more than 100 design, technology and delivery experts collaborate on our most complex digital challenges. Their single purpose is to make things simpler, more convenient and more efficient for our members.
Everyone in the M&DE team is a specialist. And they’re all here for the same reason – we have a shared belief in designing the right things the right way. That might mean making websites work harder, apps more intuitive or social more … well, social.
Working in multi-discipline teams, we research member and colleague journeys from end to end. We work on ideas that’ll transform our products and services. We obsessively test and optimise core journeys and experiences. And we do all this with our members (and our colleagues) at the forefront of our minds.
We’ve also opened an Experience Design Studio in Bristol – a key building block of our digital ambition. Designed to support collaborative working and true user-centred design, we’re building one of the best in-house spaces in the southwest. Its sole purpose is to better understand people’s needs, so we can design industry-leading experiences for our customers, members and colleagues.
So, there's never been a better time to join us...
Who we're looking for
As a minimum you'll have:
• Significant and demonstrable experience of leading multi-disciplinary teams in researching, defining, designing, developing and delivering digital experiences and services - preferably with big name clients in a studio or agency environment.
• A comprehensive knowledge of UX and User-Centred Design practice and the ability to use the appropriate methods, activities and tools to create useful and delightful experiences and services.
• The ability to bring ideas to life through sketching, using industry standard software/tools and language – we like to realise ideas at speed and have a culture that supports rapid and iterative create, test and learn.
• A desire to share your UX design capabilities with those around you and to develop the skills with members of the team – acting as a mentor and career manager for up to 5 people.
• Strong influencing and collaboration skills having built relationships with senior stakeholders and defined the strategic direction of projects undertaken on their behalf.
• Empathy and creativity in equal measures – your ability to understand people’s needs, behaviours and motivations, and knack for solving for their problems, is your super-power.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an aptitude for storytelling and presenting your ideas and opinions in a thoughtful and engaging way.
What you'll be doing
In this key role, you’ll work collaboratively across M&DE and Nationwide to coach and manage multi-disciplinary teams to create exemplary customer experiences.
For the projects that you lead (the bigger, more complex ones), you’ll be responsible for setting the vision and direction. And for those that you’ll oversee, you’ll be accountable for guiding and mentoring the teams producing the work to ensure they deliver the overall experience design correctly and successfully.
You’ll build and develop strategic relationships with stakeholders from around the business and be instrumental in identifying and scoping the work we do. You’ll play an active role in defining how we do what we do (our processes and methods) and you’ll be driving adherence to our standards of quality, accessibility and regulatory compliance.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.