- Location Swindon, Bristol, South West England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 10/10/2018
- Ref R002201269
Are you an ever -curious and collaborative User Experience Designer?
- Bristol (M&DE Design Studio) or Swindon as base location
- £35,309 - £51,002 dependent on skills and experience + competitive benefits package
- Please submit a portfolio/portfolio link along with your CV to complement your application
Here at Nationwide, we have clear and ambitious objectives as we look to grow our digital active user base, by making things easier for our members to do online, provide services available 24/7 365 days a year, constantly deliver new and exciting propositions and ensure we have a well-run, well controlled and efficient channel. We’ll do this by continuing to deliver legendary service to our members namely across Mobile Banking, Internet Banking and nationwide.co.uk. That’s no mean feat and that’s where you come in….
Right now, we’re looking for an ambitious, talented UX Designer to join our expanding team. This won’t be your first UX Design role, but it’ll probably be your biggest step up! You’ll be able to hone your craft, learning from the design experts you’ll work with, be involved in industry leading digital initiatives and enjoy great career development and prospects!
Who we're looking for
In terms of skills and experience, you'll have:
- Demonstrable experience of researching, defining and designing, experiences and services - preferably within a studio or agency environment
- Good knowledge of the experience design/user experience practice and the ability to use the appropriate methods, activities and tools to create delightful experiences and services – you’ll be very hands on, so roll up your sleeves
- The ability to bring ideas to life through sketching and using industry standard software/tools and language – we like to realise ideas at speed and have a culture that supports rapid and iterative create, test and learn
- An unerring attention to detail and a keenness to become a master of your craft – your deliverables are held up as examples of how things should be done
- A willingness and desire to share your skills and experience with those around you
- Well-honed collaboration skills having worked within a multi-disciplinary team and with stakeholders to deliver a variety of different projects
- Empathy and creativity in equal measures – your ability to understand people’s needs, behaviours and motivations, and knack for solving for their problems, is your super-power
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an aptitude for storytelling and presenting your ideas and opinions in a thoughtful and engaging way
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you…
What you'll be doing
Working as a key member of our multi-disciplinary Mobile & Digital Experience (M&DE) team, you’ll conduct research to uncover the problems our customers and colleagues are facing. You’ll be helping to identify opportunities that’ll shape the direction of solutions you create. And, by utilising your user centred design skills, be responsible for creating and delivering experiences and services that engage and solve for the needs of those that interact with them. You’ll have the benefit of being mentored and supervised by a Senior and Principal Experience Designers – they’ll ensure you make the most of your potential by developing and supporting you. you’re not afraid of sharing your opinions and experiences and you’ll work tirelessly to add quality and polish to everything you do.
You’re not afraid of sharing your opinions and experiences. And work tirelessly to add quality and polish to everything you do.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide.
As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, where we strive for work life balance and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.