- Location Swindon, Bristol, South West England
- Salary Competitive
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 01/08/2018
- Ref R002201269
Right now, we’re looking for an ever-curious and collaborative User Experience Designer to join our Studio team!
- Bristol (M&DE Design Studio) or Swindon as base location
- £35,309 - £51,002 dependent on skills and experience + competitive benefits package
- Please submit a portfolio/portfolio link along with your CV to complement your application
In the Mobile & Digital Experience (M&DE) team, we define and create member-focused experiences across all digital products. Every day, more than 100 design, technology and delivery experts collaborate on our most complex digital challenges. The single purpose is to make things simpler, more convenient and more efficient for our members.
Everyone in the M&DE team is a specialist. And we're all here for the same reason – we have a shared belief in designing the right things the right way. That might mean making websites work harder, apps more intuitive or social more … well, social.
Working in multi-discipline teams, we research member and colleague journeys from end to end. We work on ideas that’ll transform our products and services. We obsessively test and optimise core journeys and experiences. And we do all this with our members (and our colleagues) at the forefront of our minds.
And we can do this because we’re closer to stakeholders, process, data and insights than any agency ever could be. In short, we’re on the inside.
We’ve also opened an Experience Design Studio in Bristol – a key building block of our digital ambition. Designed to support collaborative working and true user-centred design, we’re building one of the best in-house spaces in the southwest. Its sole purpose is to better understand people’s needs, so we can design industry-leading experiences for our customers, members and colleagues.
So, there's never been a better time to join us...
Who we're looking for
- Demonstrable experience of researching, defining and designing, experiences and services - preferably within a studio or agency environment
- Good knowledge of the experience design/user experience practice and the ability to use the appropriate methods, activities and tools to create delightful experiences and services – you’ll be very hands on, so roll up your sleeves
- The ability to bring ideas to life through sketching and using industry standard software/tools and language – we like to realise ideas at speed and have a culture that supports rapid and iterative create, test and learn
- An unerring attention to detail and a keenness to become a master of your craft – your deliverables are held up as examples of how things should be done
- A willingness and desire to share your skills and experience with those around you
- Well-honed collaboration skills having worked within a multi-disciplinary team and with stakeholders to deliver a variety of different projects
- Empathy and creativity in equal measures – your ability to understand people’s needs, behaviours and motivations, and knack for solving for their problems, is your super-power
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an aptitude for storytelling and presenting your ideas and opinions in a thoughtful and engaging way
What you'll be doing
Working as a key member of the multi-disciplinary Studio team, you’ll conduct research to uncover the problems our customers and colleagues are facing. You’ll be helping to identify opportunities that’ll shape the direction of solutions you create. And, by utilising your user centred design skills, be responsible for creating and delivering experiences and services that engage and solve for the needs of those that interact with them.
You’ll have the benefit of being mentored and supervised by a Senior and Principal Experience Designers – they’ll ensure you make the most of your potential by developing and supporting you.
You’re not afraid of sharing your opinions and experiences. And work tirelessly to add quality and polish to everything you do.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our customers, we’ll help further your career at Nationwide. As well as your salary, there’s life assurance, a pension and a recognition and rewards scheme. We think it’s a great place to work, where we strive for work life balance and we’re not afraid of giving you praise when you’ve done well.