UX Manager (Research)
- Location Swindon, Bristol, South West England
- Salary £50,840 - £73,436
- Contract type Permanent
- Closing date 26/11/2018
- Ref R002203182
UX Manager (Research)
Location: Bristol (Experience Design Studio) or Head Office Swindon
Salary: £50,000 – 70,000 (dependent on experience)
Please provide a portfolio of your work to date to support your application
There’s never been a better time to join Nationwide Digital…
Did you know we’re the world’s largest Building Society, the UK’s 2nd largest Mortgage provider and one of the fastest growing current account providers in the market… last year more people opened an account with the Society than with any other brand!
And we’re on a hugely exciting and ambitious transformation journey to evolve our digital services, delivering legendary service across Mobile and Internet Banking, creating new and exciting propositions, designed to meet member needs today and tomorrow…
For our talented Digital Experience Design Studio that means understanding the needs of our users - inside out - and coming up with smart ways to make things simpler, easier and better for them.
UX Research will be at the heart of this and that’s where you come in…
Who we're looking for
We’ll need you to be a seasoned UX research professional with extensive experience and expertise in the field. You’ll be a stickler for methodology and excellence, but your approach will be flexible, open and facilitative. You’ll be happy to educate those around you, providing support and constructive critique where necessary. Advising teams and stakeholders on best practice and providing strategic direction to projects and programmes will be second nature. Managing and directing other researchers will be equally familiar to you. Above all, you’ll tackle challenges with pragmatism and creativity.
You’ll have the following qualifications, experience, and knowledge:
• Demonstrable expertise in qualitative and quantitative digital research with extensive experience of a wide range of industry standard methodologies and tools
• Experience within a fast-paced commercial digital environment, agency or practice
• A track record of translating key business objectives into digital solutions that communicate effectively and engagingly with the customer
• Extensive experience in storytelling, critiquing, facilitating and presenting
• Proficiency in Usability Testing, Survey design, Co-creation workshops, creating discussion guides, running focus groups and depth interviews, Card Sorting, Tree testing, AB Testing, Interpreting and presenting research findings
• A strong team player with excellent communication skills and an ability to manage and influence senior stakeholders
• Strong commercial awareness with good strategic and analytical skills
• Skilled at working in a cross-functional, multi-discipline environment
• Excellent planning and organisational skills with ability to manage and own multiple competing priorities
What you'll be doing
Joining us a UX Manager (Research), your role is to be the ‘hub’ of UX research activities within Nationwide Digital (ND). This means a varied blend of hands-on and strategic output. One day you might be conducting your own research. On another you might advise teams on method and best practice, or provide strategic direction to a programme. All the while you will be acting as the interface between ND and the other analytics, insight and market research teams around the Society.
Day to day, you will collaborate closely with Product Managers, the wider UX team, Designers, Developers, Content Designers, Analysts and other Researchers. The scope of projects you may be involved in spans the entire digital estate and multiple service touch points (including natiowide.co.uk, mobile, branch, ATM, etc.). You’ll lead and direct research projects and will be responsible for the scoping, shaping and approach. You’ll interrogate the objectives of each one and flesh out the requirements to ensure we are making the right thing the right way.
Whatever you’re working on, one thing’s for sure: you’ll be surrounded by like-minded colleagues in a culture that champions design thinking, insight and user focus. So if you’re not shy of a challenge and feel as passionate about understanding our members, collaboration and solving problems pragmatically as we do, this might be just the opportunity for you.
The extras you'll get
As part of our team, you’ll receive:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• Car/car allowance £4,656
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets