Communication Manager - 12 month Fixed Term Contract
- Location Swindon, South West England
- Salary £45,191 - £73,436
- Contract type Fixed Term Contract
- Closing date 19/04/2019
- Ref R002203552
Communication Manager – 12 month Fixed Term Contact
Swindon Head office location
Salary - up to £73,000 + excellent Bens & Co culture!
There’s never been a better time to join Nationwide, the world’s largest Building Society…
Last year more people opened an account with us than with any other brand! We have one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry and continue to be voted the UK’s most trusted financial services brand. As a Mutual Society, we’re owned by our members not shareholders, so their needs are at the heart of everything we do, which makes working here feel really different than for-profit companies.
We have an impressive 91.5% customer satisfaction score for our Banking App as well as reaching 4.8 stars in the AppStore. Every month we see 15.2 million visits to our website. Our members make a payment or transaction on our digital services 18.3m times each month and log in to our Banking App 60,000 times an hour.
Whilst we have great success so far, we obsess about our members and their experience across digital channels and need to respond faster than ever. We are on a hugely exciting and ambitious journey to deliver legendary service for our members across our digital estate, to create an open digital platform to accelerate progress and to become the best place to work for digital talent. This is all designed to ensure we meet our members needs not just for today but ensure we’re ready for their needs of tomorrow too.
We’re building our Digital community with new perspectives, diverse backgrounds, and richly varied experience. And that’s where you come in...
As Communication Manager, you’ll have the unique opportunity to lead strategic communications planning for our Digital Community during an exciting time of digital transformation. Your communications expertise will be needed to drive change management and community health internally. And you’ll work with storytellers within the community to raise the profile of Nationwide externally as a great place for Digital talent. You will design audience segmentation, an engagement strategy and develop the core narrative to use across various internal and external stakeholders. We’ll need you to coach and execute key communications with Community Leadership to promote advocacy and participation Nationwide Digital’s strategy. And we’ll need to you oversee two direct reports on the execution, measurement and ongoing improvement of all Digital-wide communications.
Who we're looking for
As an experienced Communications professional, you’ll have a significant track record working at management level, delivering high-impact communication plans to achieve desired business outcomes. Ideally qualified to degree level or equivalent, you’ll have proven knowledge of communication best practice, leadership and coaching expertise. You’ll have the ability to design, plan and implement change communication programmes and advise leaders on the stakeholder engagement elements.
Critical to the success of our manager will be an understanding of agile ways of working, modern technology and change management. Experience in financial services will be advantageous. You’ll use your strong writing, analytical and presentation skills to drive understanding and advocacy and use appropriate measures to demonstrate results. You’ll confidently build constructive and collaborative relationships, develop trust and influence, aided by your strong business judgement and organisational awareness.
What you'll be doing
• Planning and hands on execution of communications for a Community of 1600+ colleagues – identifying stories, writing presentations and producing video content
• Providing consultancy and executional support to senior Community leaders for their written communications and speeches
• Coach, advise and counsel leaders/managers within the Community to develop effective internal communication behaviours
• Facilitate engagement of the Community’s achievements and lessons learned via a range of channels
• Use insight to develop a proactive approach – proactively obtain, analyse, interpret and respond to feedback and communication evaluation e.g., focus groups, surveys, management information – be ‘eyes and ears’ at a division/department level.
• Be accountable for managing internal reputation both within the Community and associated impact across Marketing and Engagement and the wider Group. Advises on the implications/impact of decisions taken.
• Lead on change communication for programmes that impact the Community and the wider Society.
The extras you'll get
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays (with the ability to buy ‘extra’)
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to a Healthcare scheme
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
• Car allowance worth £4,656